Pointless Page 7

Long wafflesome questions that Armstrong repeats make this a turn off.
e.g. "The striker who scored a hat trick in a world cup final who was late knighted by the queen, he played for West Ham United and Stoke City?"
This 45 minute show could be easily cut if they removed all the padding.

Quote: Chappers @ 8th November 2017, 5:21 PM

Words ending ...ELL.

Bombshell. Was it a pointless answer?

Netherhell. But the time's up.

Quote: Kenneth @ 9th November 2017, 12:07 AM

Bombshell. Was it a pointless answer?

WELL?

Quote: Kenneth @ 26th October 2017, 10:49 AM

Why does the show so rarely attract intelligent contestants? Do you have to fail an IQ test to get selected? Why don't some of you lot from this forum sign up and win?

"Joggraphy. Now, Hercules, remind us what you do?" "I post Punch cartoons on a comedy forum." "See, that's nice!" Jesus wept. Can't they come up with some different responses for him?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th October 2017, 11:57 AM

OI! Angry

DOUBLE OI!

I see Pointless has made some pointless changes to its set and electronic display board. Making the board harder to read and adding some needlessly distracting lights. They just forgot to reduce the pointless banter and blather.

"And what do you do?"

"I'm a funeral director"

"That's fun"

I watched this twice, the first time in disbelief, the second to check that it was really as bad as I thought. Armstrong and Osman are appalling with their lifeless banter, and seem as bored as I was.

Did you watch the same episode twice, Beaky? Isn't that just cheating?

I couldn't have got the questions right otherwise.

Pointless

Alexander Armstrong really should have someone coach him on pronunciation of foreign names before taping. While he's good with the Frog lingo, he seems hopelessly unfamiliar with Chinese names. Specifically, Laozi. He pronounced it as Lay-OT-zee, FFS.

Still, kudos to the show for having diverse contestants, such as ethnic minority transvestite Muslim vicar dwarves in wheelchairs. Just a shame they can so rarely find smart people.

Quote: Kenneth @ 25th April 2018, 1:15 PM

Alexander Armstrong really should have someone coach him on pronunciation of foreign names before taping. While he's good with the Frog lingo, he seems hopelessly unfamiliar with Chinese names. Specifically, Laozi. He pronounced it as Lay-OT-zee, FFS.

He's crap isn't he. I mean EVERYONE knows how to pronounce those Chinese names correctly.

Quote: Kenneth @ 25th April 2018, 1:15 PM

Still, kudos to the show for having diverse contestants, such as ethnic minority transvestite Muslim vicar dwarves in wheelchairs. Just a shame they can so rarely find smart people.

Yes. I see one of them every day on the programme.

Quote: Chappers @ 25th April 2018, 4:47 PM

He's crap isn't he. I mean EVERYONE knows how to pronounce those Chinese names correctly.

Not at all. Armstrong is paid to present the show. In the interests of educating viewers, time could be taken to teach him correct pronunciation of any tricky foreign words or names that come up in questions. It's not hard. Not doing it is just lazy and unprofessional.

Three of the bloody contestants started replies to Alexander with "So...."

Bloody, bloody irritating!!!!!!

The best of it is he also does the voice for the children's programme Hey Duggee and a couple for Peppa pig..(What with 4 kids I know this)
He also has an album or two...talk about crooning.
I rang the Samaritans after listening to it and the geezer on thee other end shot himself.
It seems to me once you have made it into tv you can do what the f**k you like.
Most of them on one big jolly.
Lucky bastards.