How old are you? BCG survey. Page 3

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 18th February 2015, 10:00 AM GMT

Get some in Billwill

Why would I want any Wombles?

Mind you I hear they are good at cleaning.

Quote: billwill @ 18th February 2015, 2:44 PM GMT

Why would I want any Wombles?

Mind you I hear they are good at cleaning.

There's loads of old debris in space including bits of satellite, rockets, Wallace and Gromit's parking meter etc so I once suggested breeding a series of 'space wombles' during a meeting in my last posting. I sincerely wonder, to this day, why my career went so wrong....

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 18th February 2015, 3:01 PM GMT

There's loads of old debris in space including bits of satellite, rockets, Wallace and Gromit's parking meter etc so I once suggested breeding a series of 'space wombles' during a meeting in my last posting. I sincerely wonder, to this day, why my career went so wrong....

There is actually a Science Fiction story about that. Can't remember its name, but I think it was by James Blish.

It is actually a serious problem. http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/news/orbital_debris.html#.VOTSSiidrqI

Quote: billwill @ 18th February 2015, 5:54 PM GMT

There is actually a Science Fiction story about that. Can't remember its name, but I think it was by James Blish.

It is actually a serious problem. http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/news/orbital_debris.html#.VOTSSiidrqI

Whenever I see that graphic of the estimated debris flying around the Earth, I think WTF - how the hell do they steer a space flight through that lot! :O

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th February 2015, 7:04 PM GMT

Whenever I see that graphic of the estimated debris flying around the Earth, I think WTF - how the hell do they steer a space flight through that lot! :O

Probably utilising pigeons clad in space suits.

I'm 32 now! To think that I was just 24 when I first joined this site!

How old is zooo now? She's got to be 35 at least, right?!

Leave me out of this!

(I am 109.)

UM?, er.... older than 40--- but young enough to get rejected from any 'pensioner perks'?..

Quote: dellas @ 19th February 2015, 6:45 AM GMT

UM?, er.... older than 40--- but young enough to get rejected from any 'pensioner perks'?..

You dunno what you are missing and it will come (60 next year? Laughing out loud ). All the pills you want, bus pass, winter fuel allowance, surgical appliances and in 5 years time I will get a free TV licence WOW! I'm living in the lap of luxury.
:(

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th February 2015, 8:56 AM GMT

You dunno what you are missing and it will come (60 next year? Laughing out loud ). All the pills you want, bus pass, winter fuel allowance, surgical appliances and in 5 years time I will get a free TV licence WOW! I'm living in the lap of luxury.
:(

Not only that, but you never get pestered by the folk who stand at the door of supermarkets trying to get you to take their broadband. They take one look at you and think 'She won't even know what a bloody computer is." Little do they realise I spend half my waking day playing facebook games.

Are you on Facebook?

Quote: sootyj @ 19th February 2015, 11:02 AM GMT

Are you on Facebook?

Yes she is, just search for grumpy Scotswoman.
Oh hang on, that might be no good, that will give millions of hits. :D

I just sent a friend request thanks Billwill you is informative

I want to know who the mystery lady is.

Quote: Loopey @ 19th February 2015, 12:08 PM GMT

I want to know who the mystery lady is.

David Smith?