Miranda - The Finale Page 6

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st January 2015, 9:15 PM GMT

Nice touch as I have thought all along that she must make an appearance one day.

She previously appeared in the 2011 Comic Relief special.

Ahhh, missed that, but I think it was the first time she appeared in the series?

In the series proper, yep.

She has previously appeared as a cardboard cutout which might count as a credit? If she was a line drawing, perhaps not.

Do I find Miranda funny? Not really.

Does it make me smile? Yes.

Do I have ultimate respect for a woman who spent the best part of 11 years trying to make it in comedy and ended up with a hugely successful sitcom? Hell yes.

Good for you, Miranda Hart.

I've never really disliked Miranda. Yes, it's old-timey, yes, it's campy and yes it recycled the usual gags (falls, farts, pushing and so forth), but I really dislike when in Finales they recur to flashback recaps as they did throughout the 2 part finale episode... but it was a clean, funny and respectable show. Kudos for that.

One thing, of many that was noticeable was how after almost 2 years some characters had evident traces of aging and balding, oh, well.

Quite predictable from the get-go, or even before it was aired.

Anyways, it was a funny sitcom, it still is and always will be, but I'm glad it's over and let's hope BBC brings us something well developed now.

Best wishes, Miranda Hart.

I generally have a soft spot for MH and most episodes have funny moments, which is more than Mrs Brown's Boys. However, part 1 of the Christmas special was quite poor with little to laugh at but was redeemed by a much better part 2. Fair play to MH for knowing when to quit. Lee Mack should take note.

The ending of Miranda was fairly predictable, but it was what the fans wanted and plenty of funny moments along the way.

Can't believe it was 5 years ago that the first series aired. Seems just 5 minutes ago.

Quote: Ben @ 5th January 2015, 9:05 PM GMT

The ending of Miranda was fairly predictable, but it was what the fans wanted and plenty of funny moments along the way.

Can't believe it was 5 years ago that the first series aired. Seems just 5 minutes ago.

And obviously that was after she'd left Not Going Out.

Seems like yesterday she was in that.

Been away so only just seen 2nd part. I thought it was very well plotted and kept me guessing until the end. And I retract my original wish that she ended up with Mike - Gary stepped up to the mark admirably! :D

It's shite...full stop!

Quote: gb901 @ 9th September 2017, 11:48 AM

It's shite...full stop!

:O That's been festering inside you for over two years !? Come and lie down in this darkened room on this virgin yak mattress and tell me all about it.

Haha!

Miranda is set to return to BBC TV screens for a one-off 10th anniversary special. It's a one hour special.