Rik Mayall has died Page 2

ANARCHY!!!

What a terrible shock! A great comedian and actor.RIP Rik.

So many brilliant characters. Kevin Turvey, Alan B'stard, Rik, the dashing soldier in Blackadder, the Beer adverts plus Jonathan Creek's sometimes helper just off the top of my head.

Naturally funny and a great actor! RIP indeed.

Couldn't believe it when I heard the news. Really sad. He was such an exuberant performer.

Am also deeply shocked and saddened.

:(

'I turn round when I want to, bogey face!'

I literally fell onto the floor when he put that tampon in a drink. Classic. And get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back still makes me laugh out loud.

Very very sad news.

\o/

It feels like someone I knew and loved has died.

Rik was the man that got me into comedy. I would sneak up stairs to watch Bottom when I was a kid and howl with laughter at his performances, then as I grew up and understood some of the cruder references I howled even more. Such a naturally gifted funnyman. A huge loss.

Terrible. Hope his family keep well.The days are all a little less sunny now.

Loved him... just started watching Bottom again a few weeks ago on Netflix.

Quote: Nil Putters @ 9th June 2014, 9:50 PM BST

\o/

Used to re-enact that entire scene so frequently at school.

http://vimeo.com/70443172#at=140

only just found this awesome and fitting little performance

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ 9th June 2014, 9:56 PM BST

It feels like someone I knew and loved has died.

Rik was the man that got me into comedy. I would sneak up stairs to watch Bottom when I was a kid and howl with laughter at his performances, then as I grew up and understood some of the cruder references I howled even more. Such a naturally gifted funnyman. A huge loss.

Couldn't agree more - only I'd substitute 'Bottom' with 'The Young Ones'. I loved Kevin Turvey and 'Grim Tales' too.