When/Why did the BCG become so dull & lifeless?

Discuss.

It's lost its sheen. The glory days are over. There's no edge to the place any more.

Of course, this might be good for the public standing of the site. But the heart has gone. I salute the few 'old school' members who still put the time and effort to post here on a daily basis but...

Not many laughs on the BCG these days. Little banter. Pity.

Comedy itself is in a decline. Maybe the BCG is foreshadowing it?

Or maybe that's complete bollocks and people think this place is great and British comedy has never been better?

You're wrong, but you're entitled to your opinion. That's what we fought Cowell Hitler for.

It must be because you left for so long. ;)

I blame Zooo

Quote: zooo @ October 5 2013, 1:05 AM BST

It must be because you left for so long. ;)

As John Lennon said, 'I'm not the only one'...

Far better people than me have given up the ghost.

It used to a family, this place. Now it's... I don't know... I really don't know what it's become.

A business, mostly, I guess.

:(

To be honest, it feels just the same to me. It has ups and downs, like any forum, when you feel more (or less) at home here. You just have to wait it out for a bit.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 5 2013, 1:08 AM BST

I blame Zooo

I blame your mum.

Quote: zooo @ October 5 2013, 1:15 AM BST

To be honest, it feels just the same to me. It has ups and downs, like any forum, when you feel more (or less) at home here. You just have to wait it out for a bit.

I blame your mum.

I blame zooo's Mum. (Aaron in a dress.)

Quote: zooo @ October 5 2013, 1:15 AM BST

Yes, but you've never spent much time away from here. If you do, you'll see the difference. And the difference ain't for the better, over the last few years.

I'll bet the stats show that, although there are technically more members, there are less posts-per-member and less posts-per-year than a few years ago. The BCG has lost its edge. Not saying that anywhere else is better, of course. Just that it's not actually a very good place to discuss comedy anymore. Sorry.

I sense a flounce coming on . . . .

Quote: Oldrocker @ October 5 2013, 1:20 AM BST

I sense a flounce coming on . . . .

Were you up all night thinking of that one? I spent a year away without saying boo-to-a-goose. Leave me alone, old guy.

Oooh!

Obviously I wasn't up all night as your original post was at 12.53am and my reply was at 1.20am.

Quote: T.W. @ October 5 2013, 1:18 AM BST

Yes, but you've never spent much time away from here. If you do, you'll see the difference. And the difference ain't for the better, over the last few years.

I'm sure I would. But on the other hand, you've only been back a little while, so most people will feel like strangers to you and therefore you're not going to feel as comfortable yet or have as much 'banter' as you once did.

Quote: zooo @ October 5 2013, 1:26 AM BST

I'm sure I would. But on the other hand, you've only been back a little while, so most people will feel like strangers to you and therefore you're not going to feel as comfortable yet or have as much 'banter' as you once did.

'it 'im.

Quote: Oldrocker @ October 5 2013, 1:26 AM BST

Oooh!

Obviously I wasn't up all night as your original post was at 12.53am and my reply was at 1.20am.

Hey, I don't know what you count as 'up all night' anymore. 27 minutes? For all I know it's Millennium New's Years Eve at your age.

Quote: T.W. @ October 5 2013, 1:31 AM BST

Hey, I don't know what you count as 'up all night' anymore. 27 minutes? For all I know it's Millennium New's Years Eve at your age.

'Say goodnight to the people Gracie.. '

Quote: zooo @ October 5 2013, 1:26 AM BST

I viewed and read this site almost every day I was away. It got worse. The level of debate, the actual interest in comedy... This has just become a social site with a passing interest in comedy. Again, nothing particularly wrong with that. But no wonder so many really fun and interesting people have disappeared or hardly ever post here anymore.

Quote: T.W. @ October 5 2013, 1:36 AM BST

I viewed and read this site almost every day I was away. It got worse. The level of debate, the actual interest in comedy... This has just become a social site with a passing interest in comedy. Again, nothing particularly wrong with that. But no wonder so many really fun and interesting people have disappeared or hardly ever post here anymore.

You can leave if you like. none of us are forced to be here.