2525 Page 17

Not good I'm afraid. Thought the talking kitchen gadgets was very weak with no ending at all - I assume this is a staff writers work.

Not sure if I imagined it but did they try and do a bit more with the intros? They could lift the whole if they re-write and re-record the intros to funny up the show. It is crying out for a surreal (Tom Baker like) intro voice.

But then WTF do I know...

I've read some really top-notch stuff on here that people were submitting.
It's a shame if it's not getting used and it seems the show is suffering for it.
Baffling.
Maybe they didn't have time to go through all the submissions?

Quote: playfull @ 2nd January 2014, 9:31 AM GMT

Not sure if I imagined it but did they try and do a bit more with the intros?

Yeah, I thought that. It still wasn't exactly the camp-robot voice-over we were instructed to write for though.

They say they got over 1000 submissions, so I'm interested to see what kind of thing was turned away. (I'm assuming mine is either going to make eps 5/6 or they think its so good they're going to turn it into its own show or it got lost in their spam filter, or I forgot to send it or I formatted it wrong or something...)

Quote: JaPi @ 2nd January 2014, 10:58 AM GMT

Yeah, I thought that.

Maybe they were reading our posts after all...

The final recording session is this week, isn't it? Hopefully a few more of us will join Jaicee...

3rd episode up. Again a bit disappointed. I feel there is a show there trying to break out but somehow they are not letting it. It feels to me as if the show is lacking identity. With one show in edit and I believe two left to record they should try something different. I still think they need a much funnier intro voice. Make the intro voice more robotic or a human hater or camp or anything other than plain monotone. But for gods sake give him some jokes!

On iPlayer ep 3 is the 13th most popular listened to show amongst BBC radio 4 extra programmes. I wonder what that is in actual figures?

Ep 3 was a huge improvement on ep 2. Back to the form of Ep 1 I dare say.

So did anyone go to see tonights recording?

No-one? :(
I want to know if my "Fecies the Gleerak accidentally enrolls at Clone (War) School" classic comedy sketch is going to be aired on the radio, darn it!

Just listened to episode 5. Think it has improved. At least the intro has a few jokes now. Note they had an Archaeologists sketch, did you get another fee Jaicee?

I dunno, an infestation of Elvis Impersonators? They didn't even bother to "future" up that one. I assume we'd have heard by now if any of us had a sketch in the last one. Bah.

Surprised that we've only had one BCGer get a writing credit so far. Is this our worst showing ever?

Shut up, Tim.

Do people think it's safe to upload our rejects in critique?

I should hope so... ;)