2525 Page 14

Quote: playfull @ 13th December 2013, 12:55 AM GMT

Thanks for taking the trouble to report chaps. Sounds like they might have front loaded the best sketches into episodes 1 & 2 to try and win/hold an audience.

I'm sure that, if they really wanted to, they could broadcast them in a different order to how they recorded them.

Quote: Judgement Dave @ 13th December 2013, 1:23 PM GMT

I'm sure that, if they really wanted to, they could broadcast them in a different order to how they recorded them.

That's right. I've listened to BBC broadcast shows that are completely different from the ones that were recorded together. It could be that e.g. they recorded all the commissioned stuff first because that could be got ready easily while they were still sifting through the thousands of non-comm sketches.

Belatedly...I want to the recording last Monday. As has been mentioned, the performers were full of energy, really went for it and some of the biggest laughs were due to their performance and rapport with the crowd. It was a long recording but they didn't drop their energy once.

In terms of the sketches, the show seemed to have a preference (but certainly not exclusively) for sketches that had gags referring to specific modern day things, e.g. Jordan, Peter Andre, Jeremy Clarkson, Snickers, Magnums etc. That's not great for me as I'd interpreted the brief the other way and aimed for future sketches that resonated with modern trends, social norms etc and specifically avoided that sort of thing. Ah well! And they did still use quite a few that took my approach, including almost all the ones I thought were the best (I may be slightly biased...).

As mentioned earlier in this thread, there were a few what I always call "cheeky writer" sketches, where a writer had clearly just taken a contemporary sketch they'd written and added an intro that suggested it was set in the future, changed one word to "alien" or added "oid" to the end of another, rather than writing to the brief. Bad writer, smacked bottom! E.g. there was one that was just a modern day funeral with an inappropriately bantering vicar (it was one of the best sketches, just not remotely set in the future apart from the intro) and also a "press 1 on your keypad for..." dating sketch that put in one early reference to "alien" or similar and then just rolled out a pre-internet telephone dating sketch. I'd be very surprised if they use those though given they were so obviously at odds with the rest of the show, plus they must have recorded almost 2 hours of stuff so they don't need to use "cheeky writer" ones!

As always, very good to go to a recording as when you listen to the broadcast show you can see what they dropped from the recording and get a feel for what they after in the final edit.

Anyway, good luck everyone with recording 3.

I had a sketch which featured Jeremy Clarkson...but left it out in the end, boo hoo.

Cornball confirmed with me that I didn't have anything in the first two recording sessions. Fingers crossed we all have more luck in the final session!

I'm unable to attend the 8th January one. If anyone else fancied going, neither recordings were full so you shouldn't have any problem getting tix from the SRO website. It's a 2 min walk from the Cutty Sark DLR.

Just got an e-mail saying I've a sketch in it. It's about a futuristic Time Team show digging up a weird gherkin shaped building from 500 years earlier and wondering what the socio-religious significance of the gherkin was - possibly sexual or was it even worshipped by these strange Londoners.This was one of the 5 hacked out quickies that I hacked out quickly . I didn't re-write re-write re-write so that mantra's a load of old bollocks for sure.

Quote: Jaicee @ 16th December 2013, 7:47 PM GMT

Just got an e-mail saying I've a sketch in it. It's about a futuristic Time Team show digging up a weird gherkin shaped building from 500 years earlier and wondering what the socio-religious significance of the gherkin was - possibly sexual or was it even worshipped by these strange Londoners.This was one of the 5 hacked out quickies that I hacked out quickly . I didn't re-write re-write re-write so that mantra's a load of old bollocks for sure.

it just isn't possible). Also, payment for sketches will only be made if and when they are broadcast as part of the series, so until the show is recorded and edited there will be no further news.

Amazing Jaicee despite not even having finished recording the show, you've made such an impression that they've decided to absolutely make sure you're in the show.
Your talent must be without measure.

I didn't re-write re-write re-write so that mantra's a load of old bollocks for sure.

Absolutely; if you want to be a writer, knock it out and never touch it again.

Could be great advice for writing as you have success.

But awful advice for having a happy marriage.

I'm on the edge of my sanity waiting for news. Honest.

Man, I am looking back at my sketches I wrote for this and cringing, some of those could of been rewritten so much better than what I did. >_<

Also, did that funeral sketch have the vicar reading out his own obituary, if it was I may have claim responsibility for what was a (ahem) 'recycled' idea.

That was in Moday's show and went down well from what I remember. Although not seeing the original I've no idea whether they re-wrote, re-wrote, re-wrote for you!

Quote: Sam Co @ 16th December 2013, 9:54 PM GMT

Man, I am looking back at my sketches I wrote for this and cringing, some of those could of been rewritten so much better than what I did. >_<

Also, did that funeral sketch have the vicar reading out his own obituary, if it was I may have claim responsibility for what was a (ahem) 'recycled' idea.

I don't think so, but may be wrong (and they may have rewritten it). From what I remember, the intro said something about them inventing 'banterbots' and one had escaped and was now pretending to be a vicar.

Congrats Jaicee, well done in getting a sketch selected. It is very encouraging to see they might actually be using some of the submitted material.

Finally some news of someone getting something on! Congrats Jaicee :)