Thieving Bulgarians - 1. Your jobs, 2. Your comedy

Better specify first that thread title is a joke... or is it?

*clears throat*

So, hey everyone! Wave

My name is Pavel and I am 19 years old. I'm from a Bulgaria, hoping to come to university in the UK next year.

I have been a British comedy enthusiast for about 3 years now. I first got hooked through QI, but my passion soon extended to another panel shows (WILTY, MtW), sketch shows (Fry and Laurie, Mitchell and Webb, Monty Python), books by comedians, radio shows and so on and so forth.

I can honestly say I am obsessed with Stephen Fry, David Mitchell and Charlie Brooker and try to catch every single second of broadcast time they have. Luckily (or not), all of them tend to keep themselves busy.

Looking forward to discussing all British comedy with you, can't honestly say I've ever had the chance to with any of my real-life friends.

Wave Welcome to the site.Good Luck at uni.Nice taste in comedy too. :)

How come you don't like classics such as OFAH,Blackadder,OTB,Porridge and stuff like that? Huh?

Hi Pavel, welcome to the forum! Nice to have a Bulgarian here, I've spent my holiday at Golden Sands two times. Nice country, great people! Hug

@David Smith - Not having grown up in an English-speaking country I still consider myself relatively new to the genre and have yet to acquaint myself with the classics, though I've seen some. I am currently watching Blackadder, have seen most of the Monty Python stuff, some full-length films (Withnail & I, A fish Called Wanda, the Richard Curtis stuff, etc.). I'm loving it all so far, so everything is pretty much a matter of time. Discovering these classics is another one of the reasons I wanted to join this forum :)

@Unfunny German - I am so glad you have contributed to my country's economy :D As a matter of fact I live in Varna, which is a 15-minute ride from Golden Sands. Wenn du noch einmal nach Goldstrand kommst, könnten wir vielleicht ein Bier trinken und gute Komödie diskutieren :) (this wasn't Google Translate, I really speak German)

Pavel If your watching Richard Curtis.I recommend The Vicar Of Dibley and The Thin Blue Line :)

Quote: David Smith @ May 13 2013, 8:12 PM BST

Pavel If your watching Richard Curtis.I recommend The Vicar Of Dibley and The Thin Blue Line :)

Don't be nasty to him.

Welcome Wave

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome and the recommendations :)

Hello Pavel Wave

Welcome, Pavel. :)

Brits, don't be arrogant, if we are thieving Bulgarians that suggests next time you to go to Barbados, not to Bulgaria. You are not the most favourite tourists of Bulgaria either.

By the way, I haven't met so racist people like english-scottish-brittish so far. I thought racism was between white-black, now I know that it could be white-white.
You open a new page in the history.

pffffffffff off.

Quote: Ben @ 18th December 2013, 10:05 PM GMT

pffffffffff off.

Racist.

Greeting Pavel. Which university are you going to?

I have several friends from Sofia.

Isn't it embarrassing when Europeans speak perfect English and you only know how to say 'Beer' in Spanish?

Welcome Pavel!