I'm so old I remember Page 9

Quote: Tursiops @ March 7 2013, 11:54 PM GMT

Er no, not really.

The worst thing about Liverpool is a couple of million people who confuse having an attitude problem with having a sense of humour.

The worst thing about Liverpool is The Beatles obsession and the whole self pitying carry on.

Quote: Oldrocker @ March 7 2013, 11:55 PM GMT

And that from someone that likes 2point 4 Children . . . . .

I never claimed to have good taste.

Roberts Robots

I'm so old I remember tomorrow. (I was here during the last loop).

I'm so old I remember the dinosaurs.

Is there gonna be another Jurassic Park?

Winters being real winters and summers real summers.

Quote: Nil Putters @ March 8 2013, 8:08 AM GMT

I'm so old I remember the dinosaurs.

Is there gonna be another Jurassic Park?

Jurassic Park 3D? Most Probably.

Quote: David Carmon @ March 7 2013, 11:47 PM GMT

They released four good singles.

Get over it.

I don't know that one? And what were the other three?

Quote: Lee @ March 8 2013, 1:07 AM GMT

(I was here during the last loop).

And you are here during the current one. I vote you the oldest.

I'm so old I remember when the designated driver was the guy who was going to drive home shit-faced that night.

Quote: Otterfox @ March 6 2013, 4:45 PM GMT

EDIT: Good lord I've found the video! And I was right cobwebs and gold! http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=wygzJtJwPnk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DwygzJtJwPnk&gl=GB

That very nearly made me blub Otterfox.

Also dongs of The Angelus every night at 6 'o clock.

The coalman who also sold the most delicious pure white icecream, he'd put a block of it between two wafers... heavenly.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ March 8 2013, 9:51 AM GMT

Also dongs of The coalman who also sold the most delicious pure white icecream, he'd put a block of it between two... heavenly.

Good bloody grief such filth!

Laughing out loud

Quote: Lee Henman @ March 6 2013, 3:29 PM GMT

Sweet shops with dozens of big glass jars filled with sweets that you bought by the 'quarter'.

The streets filled with dog shit, some of it white.

No central heating, ice on the inside of my bedroom window in the winter and a coal fire in the lounge. No such thing as duvets either, just blankets.

Decent music.

EVERYONE smoked EVERYWHERE. Parents smoked like chimneys in the living room, bedrooms etc. They smoked around their babies and kids and couldn't give a f**k. Countless kids developed asthma because of it. But the parents kept on smoking.

Three channels on the telly. BBC1, BBC2 and ITV. And there was no round the clock TV, it switched off about 11 pm until about 9am the next morning. Before they switched off the announcer would terrify you by telling you to unplug the TV and switch off lights in case they caught fire and burned your house down.

The music charts meant something. To get into the top ten was a major achievement and you had to sell many thousands of singles to do it, unlike about 12 today. Manufactured pop bands were seen as a joke, rather than the norm.

Corporal punishment at school. Parents had to sign a waiver that basically said the teachers were allowed to hit their kids. And they did hit us with sticks or whatever came to hand. Back in the seventies it was perfectly acceptable for my headmaster to bend me over his desk, pull down my shorts and hit me several times with a slipper that - inexplicably - had the words "The Weinder" tippexed on the sole.

Fearsome dinnerladies who forced you to eat every last scrap on the plate. There was a girl called Irene Oxford who hated cabbage and one of the dinnerladies stood over her, screaming at her to eat it as the entire school dinner hall looked on. She ate some and promptly vomited all over the table, for which she was caned. Harsh.

Proper seasons. Boiling in the summer, proper snow in the winter. Not this everlasting grey nothingness that we have now.

People with limps. Every other person you saw seemed to have a limp or a squint or something wrong with them, especially the older generation. You'd never see a pensioner out jogging like you do now.

Town centres you could drive around. You could drive directly into the town centre and park in the road.

Toilet cisterns high up on the wall with about a thousand gallons of water in, with a big chain dangling down that when pulled cause a tsunami of water that could flush a baby hippo away. My environmentally-friendly cistern holds about three tablespoons of water and struggles to flush a plop the size of a chocolate button.

Good to see you back Henman

I remember round about the 90s ITV used to show a how range of mad arty, no budget stuff till 6am.

Like the night shift and the awesome "Get Stuffed!"

And something about a german detective, who for some reason I thought had AIDs and was living in East Germany.

I remember nothing, I was only following orders!

Quote: Will Cam @ March 8 2013, 9:17 AM GMT

I don't know that one? And what were the other three?

:)

I only like Let It Be, Yesterday, Love Me Do and Free As A Bird

When we weren't involved in any wars.

When the only people who had mobile phones for yuppies or pimps ... or drug dealers.