I'm so old I remember Page 12

When dog shit was white !

Quote: The ageless comic @ April 12 2013, 6:06 AM BST

When dog shit was white !

Either I'm too young (can't remember scraping off white stuff from the soles of my shoes) or this is some obscure drug reference or something.

No it's true

In the 80's I was a kid

And 8 times out of 10 if you saw a pile of poo next to a lamp post or something it would be all White and chalky

It was actually very attractive...

Perhaps the manufacturers bulked up dog food by including chalk in those days, or perhaps it was the residue from bones that they had chewed.

Ok, so there's the white dog shit mystery. I'd like Stephen Fry to tell us the reason behind it in the next series of Q.I.

We used to reckon it was poodle shit.
But, bear in mind we were seven at the time.

I'm glad the dog shit days are (more or less) over. I reckon you Brits have the doggy-shit bag system too.

One of the better inventions of the last century.

Dog owners have to buy their own bags here and dispose of used ones with the domestic waste. I think..

Quote: billwill @ April 12 2013, 7:18 PM BST

Dog owners have to buy their own bags...

We get them for free here and the use of the bin is free as well. On the other hand we don't have NHS...

dog shit was white in those days because the sun bleached it, this was caused by the fact no one picked it up and that we seemed to get some sun in those days.

...Peter Gabriel looking like this

instead of this
Quote: Pingl @ April 12 2013, 7:38 PM BST

dog shit was white in those days because the sun bleached it, this was caused by the fact no one picked it up and that we seemed to get some sun in those days.

But they eradicated this phenomenon like the bubonic plague...or good music.

I thought of a cracking reply to this thread while I was in town today but, I'm so old I've forgotten what it was.

:|

Laughing out loud

Laughing out loud

Laughing out loud