The Goodies - best episode/scene? Page 2

I can't say there is a best episode because they're all good.

Quote: Jill Riddick @ March 8 2013, 5:15 AM GMT

My name is Jill Riddick.

I was the protagonist of the 1970 episode of The Goodies called "Cecily"

I was pointed here by an archive television podcast.

Nice to meet you all.

For the purposes of record, I would like to make clear that the BCG has been contacted by someone claiming to be the real Jill Riddick, refuting the validity of this poster and their account.

Whilst we have simply one person's word against another, The person who has contacted us has provided scans of passport and marriage certificate as proof of identity, and is located in the UK, whilst the owner of the account above is in Australia.

Similar claims to be other actresses of the era have also been made by other accounts in the past, in practically identical phraseology.

Users should therefore be aware that this account may be is fake, may well constitute some form of bizarre confidence trick, or may indeed be genuine and certainly should not be trusted or any of its postings attributed to the real former actress, Jill Riddick.

No, I'm Jill Riddick Spartacus!

Post updated.

Quote: Aaron @ October 4 2013, 6:42 PM BST

Post updated.

The chronicles of Riddick.

Quote: Aaron @ October 4 2013, 4:08 PM BST

Users should therefore be aware that this account may be is fake, may well constitute some form of bizarre confidence trick ...

This pretty much puts to rest accusations that the BCG has grown dull and lifeless. Where else can you find someone posing as an obscure former child actor for no reason?

Quote: Tim Azure @ October 6 2013, 6:03 PM BST

This does sound an unconvincing thing to say, especially when we didn't ask her a question.

Clean the custard corners off yer minces, Azure:

Quote: Kenneth @ March 8 2013, 6:44 AM GMT

Do you have any interesting anecdotes about the filming of that?

She sent me a rather sweet e-mail, which contained no mention of a Nigerian bank account.

Quote: wizardofaus @ 7th March 2013, 1:23 PM GMT

I have a few standout favourites, but the 1976 episode where they satirised the advertising world was my all-time favourite. When we saw it in the late eighties, my friends and I couldn't stop singing the String jingle at school.

"String-string-string-string. Everybody loves string! String-string-string-string. Everybody loves string!" Yes, incredibly catchy-so made the point well about advertising jingles permeating your psyche and keeping the product in your mind, as they are meant to.

The Beanstalk with the geese bombing. Bonkers!

I watched this after school as a child and particularly remember the Rolf Harris episode, Scatty Safari. I don't think we had it for too long in Canada. Maybe a few months.

My all-time favourite has to be the "Square Dance" scene in "The Music Man" where the trio are captured by the evil Music Man and his his team of boneheaded thugs. Bill invites the thugs to take part in a square dance, and they unquestioningly follow his instructions as caller - including jumping out of a window, leaving the coast clear for our heroes to leg it!

There's an episode where they're on a bicycle for three people and one of them falls off.

I had very fond memories of The Goodies when I watched it in the 70s.

I had the misfortune to rewatch some episodes that were on a DVD about a few years ago. Oh dear it was worse than dreadful.

Some things are better left as fond memories

Quote: smc4761 @ 6th May 2016, 6:54 PM BST

I had very fond memories of The Goodies when I watched it in the 70s.

I had the misfortune to rewatch some episodes that were on a DVD about a few years ago. Oh dear it was worse than dreadful.

Some things are better left as fond memories

I agree some things are better left as fond memories, but when the programmes were aired on UK Gold in the 90s I enjoyed them every bit as much - and when I was given some DVDs more recently I still enjoyed them every bit as much. Just as I still enjoy The Goons, Hancock's Half Hour, Steptoe and Son, Dad's Army, 'Allo 'Allo!, Flanders & Swann ... Genuinely good stuff stays good.