Gervais vs. Coogan? Page 7

Quote: Lee Henman @ February 26 2009, 10:41 PM GMT

Gervais has lost a ton of weight recently hasn't he? I saw a pic of him of a few days ago and the guy had cheekbones!

(No it wasn't this one)

Haha!

Look at him now... bless him.

http://thebosh.com/upload/2008/04/20/ricky_gervais_shirtless_for_observer_magazine/Ricky%20Gervais%20shirtless%20for%20Observer%20Magazine.jpg

Quote: zooo @ February 26 2009, 10:46 PM GMT

Haha!

Look at him now... bless him.

http://thebosh.com/upload/2008/04/20/ricky_gervais_shirtless_for_observer_magazine/Ricky%20Gervais%20shirtless%20for%20Observer%20Magazine.jpg

See, I don't think he's that fat! He's in his late 40s FFS.

About the same age as Keanu Reeves.

Coogan for me.

By the way, on the subject of Saxondale, people seem to either love it or hate it. I think is a tad subtle for a lot of people, but it does include some moments of brilliance, e.g. my favourite moment, when Tommy started ranting about the shitty Dance music on the radio, and started reminiscing about a mate of his, who spent so long practicing his bass-playing, the he had a callus on his thumb.

Also, I'd like to mention another of my favourite Coogan characters, Gareth Cheeseman, from Coogan's Run.

Quote: zooo @ February 26 2009, 10:53 PM GMT

About the same age as Keanu Reeves.

He's put on a pound or two...

Short people only have to eat a few pies, and they start looking fat, like my Dad.

Quote: Leevil @ February 26 2009, 10:01 PM GMT

And it's funny.

Yes it is.

Quote: Lee Henman @ February 26 2009, 10:45 PM GMT

(No it wasn't this one)

No. Way.

Quote: Aaron @ February 26 2009, 9:39 PM GMT

Partridge is terribly overrated.

Did you ever watch Partridge Aaron? I thought I remembered you saying you'd never seen it.

Ricky Gervais does quite look like a young David Bowie there.

He has well let himself go hasn't he? Hahaha.

Quote: Curt @ February 27 2009, 12:57 AM GMT

Did you ever watch Partridge Aaron? I thought I remembered you saying you'd never seen it.

I think that there are a couple of episodes I've still not got around to watching, but yes, essentially I have watched it now.

Did you like the episodes you've seen?

Yup, some good stuff.

I heart both of them.

Loved Partridge since the Radio 4 days. Some really good stuff there and a good sense of continuity (which I really like) Tony Le Mesmer (sp?) couldn't make the radio show but was booked for TV.

The epsiode of The Office when Brent has been hired to give that talk is so good! Him digging a hole when describing how Dawn is going to help him ('..and I'm paying her!')

I've just sneezed 15 times. I'm exhausted...

Quote: Aaron @ February 27 2009, 12:48 AM GMT

Yes it is.

No. Way.

Way!