Gervais vs. Coogan? Page 8

Gervais, Gervais, Gervais, Gervais, Gervais

Quote: Aaron @ February 26 2009, 4:37 PM GMT

Yes. And thankfully forgotten.

Dr Terrible's House of Horrible had some outstanding moments, obviously not on a Partridge or Coogan's Run type level, but the Dr Terrible character is brilliant, perhaps my favourite Coogan character.

Regarding Grevais, The Office was great, but Extras more hit and miss (the' Hollywood' episodes were ordinary generally, much better when the likes of Chegwin, Kemp and Dennis appeared). Gervais is the owner of the most boring acceptance speeches too: "Ooooh I'll mention America now". He is good, but he just hasn't got Coogan's range of talent. Plus I've never been fussed on his standup shows.

Quote: Jackson Neil @ February 27 2009, 1:24 PM GMT

Dr Terrible's House of Horrible had some outstanding moments, obviously not on a Partridge or Coogan's Run type level, but the Dr Terrible character is brilliant,

There are some great bits in that show. It didn't add up to a classic series, but I like it.

Coogan (even though his last tour was poor but I'm wiping that from my mind).

Quote: Lee Henman @ February 27 2009, 2:26 AM GMT

Way!

Dude.

He was very Bowie-fied.

So pretty!

Errr

He was! Not now, but he's still got a pleasant face.

Errr

Oh I seeee.

What I mean is he is and was a minger, like all other men, 'cept you. :)

Classic Coogan/Partridge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-XLBKH0g_Y

I still can't decide, I like them both.

I'm going to watch David Brent Singing "if you don't know me by now."
and then I'll watch Tony Ferrino singing "Just Help yourself"

If I can't decide after that then I'm going to have to call it a draw.

I'll say Coogan. Partridge and Paul Calf are great comic creations.

Coogan

Gervais, in particular because of Extras. I quite liked Alan Partridge, but was never a devout viewer. My favourite programme with Coogan in was Sunshine.