Favourite OFAH insult Page 2

Quote: Tim Azure @ February 21 2013, 11:01 AM GMT

Bit dated now, isn't it?

A few years ago "like Robbie Williams missed Gary Barlow" would have been an updated version of that joke.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ February 21 2013, 11:07 AM GMT

A few years ago "like Robbie Williams missed Gary Barlow" would have been an updated version of that joke.

Like Posh missed the Spice Girls would be a female version I suppose.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ February 21 2013, 9:24 AM GMT

Laughing out loud Which episode was that in please?

Good thread Gordon, shows a real writer putting a young pretender in his place. These are lovely insults for defo.

Strangers on the Shore.

I like the one where Marlene is wearing a really frilly pink dress, and Raquel tells her, "You look like a toilet roll holder!" Or something to that effect.

Trigger introduces Mike to his niece Lisa:

"You remember Mike, don't you? He's the water-diviner from the Nag's Head."

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ February 20 2013, 3:52 PM GMT

Insulting old people is really funny; here's another example:

Albert (about Elsie Partridge): "I'm not talking about her dress size. She's a spiritualist. She can contact the departed."

Del:"Yeah, I bet that's where she pulled you."

Raquel is trying on a dress and Rodney has told Del to pay her a complement,Del who had heard her mention earlier that a girl she used to work with was staring in a James Bond film says if she could be in Bond film so could she as the other girl was a dog :)

Quote: Edwin @ February 21 2013, 3:08 PM GMT

Strangers on the Shore.

From the same episode:

Del: "ere Boycie, you know this car's a GTI.. Well if you rearrange the letters you got yourself a personalised number plate!"

Rodney to Del in "Who wants to be a millionaire"

"And this is my future, 24 computers that don't compute, the only rug in the World with a sell-by date and the script to a hundred and one Dalmatians, thanks a lot"

Rodney to Del in "Tea for three"

"Hospitals do not send home paralysed people by bus, what is it your after Del sympathy from Lisa or a disabled sticker for the van?"

Quote: whatkindoffoolami @ February 23 2013, 4:54 AM GMT

"And this is my future, 24 computers that don't compute, the only rug in the World with a sell-by date and the script to a hundred and one Dalmatians, thanks a lot"

Yes, that was a great line (I wanted to add this quote myself). I love when they accuse each other of going out with ugly women. That's what I like about the early episodes (without Raquel and Cassandra); their pubertal handling of women.

Rodney: "Well, I wanted to buy one of my adult art magazines.

Del: "What's the problem?"

Rodney: "Debbie's serving! We've been seeing each other, sort of thing! She might think I'm odd!"

Del: "She's gonna find out sometime, Rodney."