Life's Too Short 2013 Special Page 7

Quote: Nick @ April 1 2013, 7:21 PM BST

Nonsense. Val Kilmer is working constantly. I suppose you believe that Liam Neeson and Johhny Depp appeared in the show because they can't get work either?

Val Kilmer's career went up like a rocket and came down like a stick.
He's working on really pony stuff.

Depp & Neeson did the work off the back of the buzz behind 'Extras' (which I loved BTW) - a completely different concept, where they were taking the mickey out of their own egos.

Kilmer was all about failure - he genuinely has done very little of any note since Batman.
It's sour comedy.

Quote: Lazzard @ April 1 2013, 11:14 PM BST

Val Kilmer's career went up like a rocket and came down like a stick.
He's working on really pony stuff.

Agree. And this career decline is well deserved, if you ask me.

Kilmer was all about failure - he genuinely has done very little of any note since Batman.
It's sour comedy.

Disagree. He's not an A List actor anymore and has certainly made a lot of schlocky straight-to-video stuff in recent years, but he's still been a supporting actor in a lot of fun and/or interesting films in the last fifteen or so years. Most notably as a gay private eye in the brilliant Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. But he's also been in Deja Vu, Spartan, Wonderland, Pollock and the excellent Bad Lieutenant.

Quote: Chiipolata @ April 2 2013, 10:50 AM BST

Disagree. He's not an A List actor anymore and has certainly made a lot of schlocky straight-to-video stuff in recent years, but he's still been a supporting actor in a lot of fun and/or interesting films in the last fifteen or so years. Most notably as a gay private eye in the brilliant Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. But he's also been in Deja Vu, Spartan, Wonderland, Pollock and the excellent Bad Lieutenant.

True, but he has been in this...

Kilmer was all about failure

Val Kilmer is a hugely successful and rich movie star, yet still penny-pinches and scams for freebies/money. That's the whole gag. It had nothing to do with career failure.

I like that they changed Warwick to the 'good' Warwick and that they actually made his ex-wife have some sympathy for him, this time. I couldn't stand her in the previous series.

The boys did a great job with the comeback tour, but too bad they abandoned Warwick once they were on the rise. With the old, conniving Warwick, that would've been funny and deserved, but with his new outlook, it was sad.

My favourite joke in the series is still the dumb secretary commenting that the table in the apartment he was considering had kind of a sharp corner, and that Warwick might run into it while he's "playing." :)

Quote: don rushmore @ April 2 2013, 7:04 PM BST

Val Kilmer is a hugely successful and rich movie star, yet still penny-pinches and scams for freebies/money. That's the whole gag. It had nothing to do with career failure.

No.
He was painted as a guy obsessed with his past success - even if that was as the least well-known Batman - and as someone who actually had no clout in Hollywood, despite dishonestly claiming to be on speaking terms with Lucas and Ron Howard - and consequently on the lam for any money he could get his hands on.
Or was I watching another show?

Extras made a point of showing another side of the famous though right? So wasn't this just Gervais and Merchant doing what they did in Extras but with Kilmer?

Anyway, compared to the series, it thought it was 'ok'.... Funny in parts though.

Cheers.

Cheggers stole the show.

The line about not wanting to know what he's thinking when he goes quiet was sinister and hilarious.

Cheggers was just marvellous.

And Cheggers plays cock was a standout funny moment.

Quote: sootyj @ April 4 2013, 6:47 PM BST

Cheggers was just marvellous.

And Cheggers plays cock was a standout funny moment.

Yes Cheggers , Shaun and Les were the whole highlight of the special

The Special is finally getting a DVD release on 2nd Feb 2015. I will be purchasing!
See Amazon product listing :D

Quote: G180e @ 20th January 2015, 3:52 PM GMT

The Special is finally getting a DVD release on 2nd Feb 2015. I will be purchasing!
See Amazon product listing :D

Does it come with any extras do you know?

Quote: Stephen Ryder @ 20th January 2015, 6:10 PM GMT

Not sure, it doesn't state on Amazon. Either way, I will get it.

Quote: Stephen Ryder @ 20th January 2015, 6:10 PM GMT

We've not had a press release but think it very unlikely.