Life's Too Short 2013 Special

Now I know I'm probably the only person on here who loved Life's Too Short but I personally thought it was great. I'm quite upset there isn't going to be a second series but at least we've got this special. When will it be on TV?

My TV?

Never.

I suspect they'll have it pencilled in for Christmas, or shortly beforehand; late Autumn/early Winter.

Quote: lofthouse @ February 11 2013, 6:24 PM GMT

My TV?

Never.

That's not very Pope like!

Warwick just tweeted that it'll be on this spring.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2013/lifes-too-short.html

That's what I thought - but then I'm sure I read something earlier today implying they were only due to begin filming in the next couple of months. :S Confusing. Media Centre's pretty clear though. So April-ish it'll probably be.

Yes, I was puzzled as well. Ricky mentions in the article that he can't wait to work on the special. It seems a short time to air if that's the case.

I read today that Val Kilmer will be appearing in this special as well as the three usual suspects Cheggers, Les Dennis & Shaun Williamson aka "Barry from Eastenders"

I love Life's Too Short but I do agree with those who dislike it because of its similarites to The Office -- I think perhaps if the Special gets good enough ratings & reviews perhaps a second series could still be on the horizon - I hope.

I think creativly they don't want to do another season, it was a bit of a black mark on there work.

Quote: Jowan Mounsey @ February 12 2013, 10:51 PM GMT

I think creativly they don't want to do another season, it was a bit of a black mark on there work.

Ricky Gervais doesn't seem to accept the notion that he has ever produced anything that wasn't brilliant.

Except his attempts at a pop career. He does at least take the piss out of that.

Seems a bit odd for a show that's only had one series to then 'finish' with a 'special'. Why bother?

Ego.

I bet the special is fantastic, and everyone then wonders why the original series wasn't very good.