What are you watching on TV? Page 2,282

I'm surprised more are not watching SAS Who dares wins.
Matt Hancock is getting a proper beasting.
Last night he got thrown off a pontoon and cracked two ribs and then the 'interrogator shouted in his face 'You're weasel-faced c**t.

"Rhod Gilbert: A Pain In The Neck For SU2C"

Following him through his treatment for the cancer that started up in his neck - both funny and very emotional. I knew the treatment was not nice, but didn't realise just how debilitating it was and how long it went on for.

I like him very much, and wish him well with his full recovery

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 30th October 2023, 8:11 AM

Last night he got thrown off a pontoon and cracked two ribs and then the 'interrogator shouted in his face 'You're weasel-faced c**t.

Anything involving Matt Hancock being thrown around by the SAS has my interest. Ultimate Force was a solid drama with a tidy fire fight in every episode and it has it's faults and some of the stars have practically disowned it but I still watch it. In the first episode the two new recruits say they have never killed before but that can't be realistic because it would be a big change for someone to go from zero kills during their military service to potentially multiple kills on the first job. I wonder just how tough SAS troopers are in the fisticuffs sense and if they live up to the stereotype of being able to take on a group hand to hand. Not necessarily with martial arts but a more realistic down and dirty brawling mastered over years of practice.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 30th October 2023, 11:28 PM

"Rhod Gilbert: A Pain In The Neck For SU2C"

Following him through his treatment for the cancer that started up in his neck - both funny and very emotional. I knew the treatment was not nice, but didn't realise just how debilitating it was and how long it went on for.

I like him very much, and wish him well with his full recovery

Yes, I wept along with him too.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 31st October 2023, 12:53 AM

I wonder just how tough SAS troopers are in the fisticuffs sense and if they live up to the stereotype of being able to take on a group hand to hand. Not necessarily with martial arts but a more realistic down and dirty brawling mastered over years of practice.

Probably can, Ant Middleton was jailed for knocking out a policeman and injuring a couple of others when they tried to restrain him in an altercation outside a nightclub. Probably other examples you don't hear about. They certainly won't be shy of trying as that's what they've been trained to do in the last resort.

The top brass don't like these TV reality shows giving away their training methods and tactics but I've read the reason why ex members do it is because they feel betrayed by the military using them for the deadliest tasks then spitting them out when they've ended their relatively short stints at the top before fitter and fresher men takeover.

I just saw an advert on TV for a Disney original.

Collen Rooney!

In my day Disney meant Dumbo and Bambi.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 30th October 2023, 8:11 AM

Had some dealing with 'Billy' Billingham recently.
Apparently the worst stuff had to be cut out!
They all loathed him (Hancock)

Quote: Chappers @ 31st October 2023, 4:55 PM

Collen Rooney!

In my day Disney meant Dumbo

Are they not the same thing?

Quote: Lazzard @ 31st October 2023, 5:06 PM

Had some dealing with 'Billy' Billingham recently.
Apparently the worst stuff had to be cut out!
They all loathed him (Hancock)

They barely concealed their contempt.

In a way, I admired him for taking constant flack, pain and degradation and never moaning or breaking.

As a public school educated Tory he probably loves being beaten up and degraded by other men

He probably had a stiffy during most of it

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 31st October 2023, 8:18 AM

Probably can, Ant Middleton was jailed for knocking out a policeman and injuring a couple of others when they tried to restrain him in an altercation outside a nightclub. Probably other examples you don't hear about. They certainly won't be shy of trying as that's what they've been trained to do in the last resort.

The top brass don't like these TV reality shows giving away their training methods and tactics but I've read the reason why ex members do it is because they feel betrayed by the military using them for the deadliest tasks then spitting them out when they've ended their relatively short stints at the top before fitter and fresher men takeover.

I wondered why more ex-SAS are getting involved in reality shows and authoring tell-all books and that explains why. A desk job would be the last thing they want to remain in the regiment so when it comes to push time it must be difficult for them to abruptly return to civvy street life. Going from jetting around the world at a moments notice and access to the best weaponry to daytime TV and household chores. I can understand why some choose the reality TV route though because it's preferable to the lucrative but dangerous private security work in warzones. For some that's probably exactly what they want because they thrive on the risks.

I like this exchange from Ultimate Force when a new captain has joined and is unimpressed with all the in-fighting among his troop.

Captain Macalwain: I'm thinking of having the men psychologically profiled sir.

Colonel Dempsey: Are you mad? They kill for a living. Some of them even enjoy it. What would your psychologist make of that?

Best Christmas Music on the That's Christmas channel {Freeview 65). Well it is 1 November. 🎄🎄

Only when I laugh

Thorp (Richard Wilson) is upset cos his dog is dying

It's called Victor....

I DONT BELIEVE IT 👀

Bobby Gentry on BBC4. Also featuring Donovan at his peak.

I've just discovered Channel 5 commissioned 4x60 minute specials of The Yorkshire Vet which will focus on regulars Mr and Mrs Green and their farm. I've been hoping for years they would do a special on the Greens so it's great news multiplied by four. They're due to be broadcast before the end of the year.