What are you watching on TV? Page 2,283

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 4th November 2023, 12:21 PM

I've just discovered Channel 5 commissioned 4x60 minute specials of The Yorkshire Vet ................................

Oh good, as that is one of my wife's favourite programmes.

Assault on Precinct 13

The original, which I went to the cinema to see, or the remake?

Can't imagine how I missed these, but just recently caught up with Series 1 & 2 (2021/2023) of Jimmy McGovern's Time (BBC iPlayer)
Bloody Hell.
Super-gritty prison dramas with powerful performances from all concerned.
Each one's a 3-parter, so not a massive investment time-wise.
Heartily recommend if you've not seen them already.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th November 2023, 11:22 PM

The original, which I went to the cinema to see, or the remake?

The original

Good film but the ending was a bit of an anticlimax

Oh, I didn't even know that was a Jimmy McGovern show. :O

Quote: zooo @ 9th November 2023, 10:04 AM

Oh, I didn't even know that was a Jimmy McGovern show. :O

I can only think I made the same mistake - otherwise I'd have been all over it like a rash.

Sean Bean was very good in series 1

Goodnight sweetheart

I just noticed Ron's girlfriend Flic, is played by 'Penny' from Lost

Remembrance Sunday: The Cenotaph, which only the BBC and one of the Dimblebys can pull off with dignity.

Get's me every year when they play Nimrod, then Big Ben striking 11, then the last post, and I'm gone 😥, remembering my hero, my dad who spent 27 years in the RAF, was in North Africa in WWII and Mentioned in Dispatches for going behind enemy lines to retrieve a downed Wellington.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th November 2023, 12:09 PM

Remembrance Sunday: The Cenotaph, which only the BBC and one of the Dimblebys can pull off with dignity.

Get's me every year when they play Nimrod, then Big Ben striking 11, then the last post, and I'm gone 😥, remembering my hero, my dad who spent 27 years in the RAF, was in North Africa in WWII and Mentioned in Dispatches for going behind enemy lines to retrieve a downed Wellington.

He lost his boot?

Sorry. Yes - sounds quite a hero.

Occasionally I will click to The Joy of Painting...

Oh , another landscape....?

FFS BOB, PAINT SOMETHING ELSE YOU LAZY SOD

Anyone watching Children In Need? Who is the chap introducing it alongside the footballing woman?

Chris Ramsay?

OK, thanks. Never knowingly come across him before. Alf Ramsey, yes; Ramsay MacDonald even. But not Chris Ramsay. He seems to have a North Eastern accent.