What are you watching on TV? Page 2,287

Over the Top on Sky Mix. The best film about arm wrestling ever made.

Quote: chipolata @ 9th December 2023, 10:24 PM

Over the Top on Sky Mix. The best film about arm wrestling ever made.

And let's face there's been a lot of those

Walking with Jim Moir

Clash of the Titans. I remember seeing this when it first came out. What surprises me -

1. Ray Haryhausen's special effects. I thought they were better then.
2. How long ago it obviously was with Maggie Smith looking so young. Claire Bloom and Ursula Undress(!) look as I always remember them.

Quote: Chappers @ 16th December 2023, 3:14 PM

Clash of the Titans. I remember seeing this when it first came out. What surprises me -

1. Ray Haryhausen's special effects. I thought they were better then.
2. How long ago it obviously was with Maggie Smith looking so young. Claire Bloom and Ursula Undress(!) look as I always remember them.

Yeah, I watched it again last year on TV and it hasn't aged as well as some of older Harryhausen films like Jason and the Argonauts or the Sinbads. And that owl is bloody annoying.

Quote: chipolata @ 16th December 2023, 5:07 PM

Yeah, I watched it again last year on TV and it hasn't aged as well as some of older Harryhausen films like Jason and the Argonauts or the Sinbads. And that owl is bloody annoying.

https://youtu.be/WQJNLnHeW8o?si=0G5wHmjpaCK91ulf

Steptoe Xmas special

Two rag n bone men - discussing whether to go to Acapulco or the Canaries for their holidays

How the other half lives...

Quote: lofthouse @ 19th December 2023, 8:03 PM

Steptoe Xmas special

Two rag n bone men - discussing whether to go to Acapulco or the Canaries for their holidays

How the other half lives...

I tried to rewind it which you can usually do on BBC and also had no sound so I'm watching Sister Boniface. Belinda Laing always plays it OTT.

Princess Anne on Question Of Sport. I remember she was an already popular royal at the time and appearing on the show widened her appeal. I love her sense of humour and story telling.

I've just noticed It's a Royal Knockout was the same year as the QoS episode in 1987. What an odd but hilarious televisual feast that was.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 21st December 2023, 7:48 PM

I've just noticed It's a Royal Knockout was the same year as the QoS episode in 1987. What an odd but hilarious televisual feast that was.

That was seriously weird

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st December 2023, 11:51 PM

That was seriously weird

It was indeed. It nearly brought down the monarchy it was so excruciating.

I just turned over to watch I literally just told you. I'd never seen it before but it's cracking me up.

Worzel Gummidge Christmas Special on TPTV . Worth a watch, especially with guest stars, such as Billy Connolly and Bill Maynard,

Arena: Caroline Aherne: Comedy Queen

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/caroline-aherne-comedy-queen/

Apart from the extended (to me) coverage given to Mrs Merton, which I never found that funny, this was an excellent and very moving tribute to this lovely funny lady.

And, good heavens!! It was 8 years ago she died!!

And she was yet another person driven to suicidal tendencies by the disgusting British tabloid press plastering her private life day after day over it's grimy pages