What are you watching on TV? Page 2,244

Accidentally watched I Can See Your Voice while waiting for the news, in a state of disbelief. This dross is on prime time BBC? Mind numbingly boring with a ludicrously complicated premise, Jimmy Carr gurning at intervals with only his huge fee to console him. This is scraping the bottom of the barrel so thoroughly they've got through to the floor. Then I read that it's the second series. Second series? Dear God.

The Beeb are trying to compete with the load of bollocks that ITV serve up every Saturday night - fodder for the heaving brainless masses.

I was certainly nearly heaving...

We gentlemen of a certain age are not the target audience anymore.
Our money is still good though.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 30th October 2022, 12:27 AM

Yes, there is no thread for non-comedy films, and that's because Aaron doesn't want one on the forum.

I asked him a couple of times, if it was OK for me to start one, but he wasn't keen, and so I started the TPTV thread as at the time I was watching nothing but the films on that channel.

Feel free to start a thread! ? I'll support it.....................

Threads are fine. Dedicated forums are really for comedy only.

Quote: Aaron @ 30th October 2022, 12:27 PM

?

Quote: Aaron @ 30th October 2022, 12:27 PM

That's not the way you put it to me many years ago. Or perhaps I was in the bad books then.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 30th October 2022, 3:02 PM

That's not the way you put it to me many years ago. Or perhaps I was in the bad books then.

I can only think we had our wires crossed.

I'm a strictly-holic. There, I've said it.
I even went to the tour show a few years ago. I've applied for tickets for the live show lots of times but never been successful.
The glamour, the music, the beautiful people and the tension. One of the best production the BBC do.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 30th October 2022, 8:58 PM

I'm a strictly-holic. There, I've said it.
I even went to the tour show a few years ago. I've applied for tickets for the live show lots of times but never been successful.
The glamour, the music, the beautiful people and the tension. One of the best production the BBC do.

I do love a bit of Strictly. I slightly watch it more for the pros than the celebs, but my favourite went out early. :(
At least I still have Nikita. Although I didn't think much of their dance this week.

And none of us watch it because we fancy the dancers.

The very idea!

(I would literally die for Giovanni.)

SAS rouge hero's
A story I was always fascinated by.
A bunch of army misfits serving in North Africa in WW2 are gathered together to do very dangerous missions.
Beautifully shot and broadcast in UHD on iPlayer.

The Big Match Revisited on ITV4. FA Cup action from January 1975. Clive Thomas refereeing West Ham v Swindon at a muddy Upton Park at the moment.

Waiting for the piece de resistance to come on - League champions Leeds Utd v Southern Leage Wimbledon. See if I can spot myself in the crowd!

Currently watching Love Actually, such an uplifting and cheerful film.