What are you watching on TV? Page 2,245

Just finished up The Devil's Hour.
Exciting, creepy and somewhat confusing - but enjoyed it very much.
Couldn't work out whether they were teeing up a 2nd Series or not.
I think I'd watch it if they did, though.
Capaldi was truly menacing.

Columbo. He's wearing a neck brace in rt and I don't remember any Columbos with neck braces, so it's like watching an undiscovered Picasso.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 5th November 2022, 9:54 AM

SAS rouge hero's
A story I was always fascinated by.
A bunch of army misfits serving in North Africa in WW2 are gathered together to do very dangerous missions.
Beautifully shot and broadcast in UHD on iPlayer.

Rouge heroes? Is that the make-up?

Lol. I tell ya, dyslexia is a twat. I read and re-read before pressing 'post and still they slip through.
I wish I could tell you about another poster on here's great and funny story with the condition but he swore me to secrecy.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 7th November 2022, 7:44 AM

Lol. I tell ya, dyslexia is a twat. I read and re-read before pressing 'post and still they slip through.
I wish I could tell you about another poster on here's great and funny story with the condition but he swore me to secrecy.

He was beautifully made up though, or haven't you seen the second episode? That Chanel dress.

Just finishing up watching the brilliantly made Rise of the Nazis on the iPlayer.
I started then stopped for some reason, but now well into it.
Two things I've learnt
1. It's shocking how quickly democracy can be overturned.
2. The Nazis had very good taste when it comes to interior wall colouring. Had to freeze frame at one point to get the Dulux colour chart out.

Quote: chipolata @ 6th November 2022, 2:31 PM

Columbo. He's wearing a neck brace in rt and I don't remember any Columbos with neck braces, so it's like watching an undiscovered Picasso.

Love Colombo. He reminds me a little of Boris only I expect he's more capable of admitting when he's wrong. The Rosebud / Pavlov attack dogs was our favourite. I find a Picasso much harder to figure out, but I suspect that's the point.

It was a great show that has stood the test of time. My favourites were the ones with Robert Culp, where he lost his temper and was rude to Columbo. It made his eventual fall that much more satisfying.

Not for the fainthearted, but quite a ride.
About a year old, on Netflix.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 5th November 2022, 9:54 AM

SAS rouge hero's
A story I was always fascinated by.
A bunch of army misfits serving in North Africa in WW2 are gathered together to do very dangerous missions.
Beautifully shot and broadcast in UHD on iPlayer.

I always thought that the LRDG were an off-shoot of the SAS but it seems they were around first.

The Secret Genius of Modern Life with Hannah Fry

This week the bank card, and I have to say it was absolutely fascinating.

How it all started in America in the late 50s, how they are made, the security involved and the technology inside that thin card - the chip, the aerial. Mind boggling, which skirted around the involvement of the Theremin, the man who invented it and spent years in a Russian gulag, and the (now) hilarious gift the Russians gave to the various American embassy officials that used the same technology we have in the card today, to spy on the embassy - a gizmo that doesn't need its own power source.

Nightingales with Robert Lindsay

The Last Post gets me every time...........

Me too. I went to our local memorial service this morning and a lone soldier played it. - very moving.

Getting ready to watch my Buccaneers play the Seahawks in the first NFL game to be played in Germany. I would have been in the stadium in Munich if Ticketmaster weren't such an evil and greedy company.

It's actually warmer in Munich than it is here in south Texas (although it's only 8 AM here).