What are you watching on TV? Page 2,147

Quote: Briosaid @ 4th May 2019, 9:21 PM

'The Admirable Crichton'. It's ancient but I just know it'll be brilliant.

And it was.

Just started watching Sapphire and Steel. It manages to be brilliant, baffling and rubbish all at the same time.

Footy last neet
I'm no Liverpool fan but I like the manager.
It was a breathtaking game.

They interviewed Klopp after the match and he looked at his watch and said something like 'It's ten past ten, all the children are in bed now, my team were f**king great'
And even funnier, they cut back to the studio and Gary Lineker said he would normally apologise for the language - but he's not going to.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 8th May 2019, 8:22 AM

Footy last neet

:) That's exactly how I feel. **Arrogant twats, but Klopp I think is a great guy. Like him a lot.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 8th May 2019, 8:22 AM

As Sam Kelly's Captain Hans Geering would have it in 'Allo 'Allo:

"Heil Hitler"
"Heil Hitler"
"Klopp"

To be a pedant.... He actually said tler but it sounded like klopp

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 8th May 2019, 3:49 PM

To be a pedant.... He actually said tler but it sounded like klopp

To be even more pedantic and to take it a stage further, the interview I saw of him some years ago on this very subject, he said he didn't know where it came from and he wasn't even sure what he was saying. He said it started off as "...tler" (last four letters of Hitler of course, and leaving out the "Heil") and sort of developed into "klopp" but he didn't know why or how he did that.

it was still very funny though. A laugh every time he said it.

Yes, he also said it was because his character wasn't a Nazi believer and it was his way of not going with the flow, but just (only) looking like he was one of them. Clever.

Came home during Question Time. There are no words to express my loathing for Nigel Garage. Since I don't want to spend time in jail for beating his head in, I can only pray to any spirit that exists, that he will lose all his money and stop being a privileged bastard who doesn't need to give a damn what Brexit will do to the poor.

Quote: Briosaid @ 9th May 2019, 11:46 PM

Came home during Question Time. There are no words to express my loathing for Nigel Garage. Since I don't want to spend time in jail for beating his head in, I can only pray to any spirit that exists, that he will lose all his money and stop being a privileged bastard who doesn't need to give a damn what Brexit will do to the poor.

I've said this before but he reminds me of a sausage, in that his head is the exact same width and depth as his neck.

Quote: Briosaid @ 9th May 2019, 11:46 PM

The poor haven't done too well being in the EU have they. Food banks, homelessness etc. It's only going to get worse for them if we stay, with more and more immigrants taking their jobs and their homes as they have been doing. It's the poorest who should benefit, surely you should be voting for him if you want this. Where are you getting your info from, the Greens? They want everyone to be poor, we'd be living in tents if they got into power.

Quote: chipolata @ 8th May 2019, 6:34 AM

Just started watching Sapphire and Steel. It manages to be brilliant, baffling and rubbish all at the same time.

Oh what channel is that on? Haven't seen it since the 80s but remember thinking the same.

Been catching a lot of Randal and Hopkirk lately, it just gets better and better with age. There must have been a department in a dark basement room at the Beeb whose job it was to dream up the weirdest ideas for shows. I wish they'd reopen it.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 10th May 2019, 7:59 AM

Oh what channel is that on? Haven't seen it since the 80s but remember thinking the same.

My DVD channel! But I can't be arsed posting on the What DVD are you watching? thread.

Young Joanna Lumley was especially gorgeous. :$

Quote: chipolata @ 10th May 2019, 9:36 AM

But I can't be arsed posting on the What DVD are you watching? thread.

Ewww, get us with our nearly 30K post swagger and flouting convention. :P

Some of us are in the gutter, but dash it all will not let standards drop, what?