What are you watching on TV? Page 2,150

Well, in a nutshell what is another thread about HIGNFY got to do with your problem with the success of Lolly Adefope? You have yet to write reviews about her sub standard acting so I really do not understand what your issue is with her. You need to get in peoples faces to get anywhere in 'showbiz' and if she is doing that fair play to her, As the saying goes it's not what you know it's who you know. But you still need to have the talent to back it up especially at the ruthless BBC. You keep complaining about the exposure Lolly Adefope is getting and see if you can stir up that debate you want. You did mention recently you sometimes make comments you don't believe yourself so who knows what to think eh.

All I know is I can't possibly be a racist: some of my worst enemies are white!

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 14th May 2019, 12:12 AM

You keep complaining about the exposure Lolly Adefope is getting and see if you can stir up that debate you want. You did mention recently you sometimes make comments you don't believe yourself so who knows what to think eh.

Yes. <nods>

I am just watching episode 1 (series 2) of "Ireland's Got Talent".

A contestant has just walked onto the stage and was immediately recognisable as a spoof version of Donald Trump: he gave his name as Donald J Trumpet.

To my complete and utter amazement, before his act had even begun he was given four red X's simply for being Donald Trump.

One of the judges accused him (treating him as if he were the real Trump) of being "hateful, awful, anti-Semitic, homophobic, xenophobic and an awful human being" despite the man's act not having begun and despite the fact that he had said absolutely nothing that was even remotely offensive.

Check it out on "catch up" and you'll see I'm telling the truth.

Oh, and a woman has just come onto the stage and during the process of identifying herself, she said she's a traveller: the judges gave her a round of applause.

Why on earth is being a traveller worth a round of applause?

Presumably because everyone involved in the entertainment industry these days is terrified of not being seen to absolutely adore minorities.

It's a funny old world.

What does she mean by a Traveller? Someone who buys a field, lays down tarmac and says they're going to stay put?

The Strange World of Gurney Slade. post modern meta pap before there was a modern to be post about. But still weirdly watchable, especially proto-Bowie Anthony Newley.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 13th May 2019, 10:55 PM

There is no discrimination whatever, inherent or otherwise.

Lolly is female - and so is Katherine Ryan (who is absolutely brilliant).

Lolly is black - and so is Gina Yashere (who is absolutely brilliant).

Lolly is overweight - and so was Hattie Jacques (who was absolutely brilliant).

PS. Above, I have given examples of a female person, a black person and a fat person - each with tremendous comedic talents. Perhaps I would have done better to roll all the examples into one?

At last, we have a conclusive test to prove whether you're a bigot or not! All you need do is name your favourite woman, black and obese person and you're in the clear. We need to get this rolled out across the country immediately. I've always thought of Tommy Robinson as a hate-mongering scumbag, but I might be forced to rethink that position if I know Rusty Lee is his favourite fat black woman.

Quote: chipolata @ 15th May 2019, 6:38 AM

At last, we have a conclusive test to prove whether you're a bigot or not! All you need do is name your favourite woman, black and obese person and you're in the clear. We need to get this rolled out across the country immediately. I've always thought of Tommy Robinson as a hate-mongering scumbag, but I might be forced to rethink that position if I know Rusty Lee is his favourite fat black woman.

It seems I am undone.

I first realised I was a misogynist when I found fault with Myra Hindley. Prior to that realisation, it had been my naive belief that women could have faults and imperfections.

I later realised I was a racist when I found fault not only with Idi Amin but also with Robert Mugabe. Prior to that realisation, it had been my naive belief that black people could have faults and imperfections.

I then realised I was an anti-Semite when I found fault with William Shatner's rendition of "Lucy in the sky with diamonds". Prior to that realisation, it had been my naive belief that Jews could have faults and imperfections.

And then, of course, there's Cyril Smith - a man whose activities with young boys in the care system I would have found unquestionably ethical had Cyril spent a bit more time in the gym and eaten fewer pies.

I could go on but I'm sure you get the point.

Laughing out loud

Been introducing my older daughter to notorious serial killers and murderers (not personally, you understand)...and she's really getting into the whole subject...reading some of my old books and finding out more on that internet. Just sat down to watch the first episode of Rillington Place with Tim Roth. I watched it when it first appeared on TV...and it's still on Netflix. Excellent. Christie was a proper nasty bastard.

Eurovision.

The Cyprus entry is dressed very interestingly!

France will win! Every base covered and the singer (he) looks a dead ringer for Marilyn (Boy George's mate!)

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 16th May 2019, 4:26 PM

Been introducing my older daughter to notorious serial killers and murderers (not personally, you understand)...and she's really getting into the whole subject...reading some of my old books and finding out more on that internet. Just sat down to watch the first episode of Rillington Place with Tim Roth. I watched it when it first appeared on TV...and it's still on Netflix. Excellent. Christie was a proper nasty bastard.

I thought at one time I'd maybe like to meet you but now I'm scared!

Quote: Chappers @ 18th May 2019, 9:02 PM

Eurovision.

Woke to find UK bottom again with Graham saying it was such a shame for the lad (?) who was singing for us.

WHY we bother with this debacle is beyond me - what is it? £150 million we pump into it each year. WHY?????

Enjoyed Jack Whitehall as the host of The Graham Norton Show the other night

Quote: jsg @ 19th May 2019, 12:36 AM

Enjoyed Jack Whitehall as the host of The Graham Norton Show the other night

Oh yes, wasn't the red chair a surprise and such a coincidence - who would have thought it. :|

(otherwise he did a good job - let's hope after last night's waste of money and time that Graham says "stuff that". Still, I expect £100K is not to be sniffed at for a night's work)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th May 2019, 12:26 AM

Woke to find UK bottom again with Graham saying it was such a shame for the lad (?) who was singing for us.

Why we bother with this debacle is beyond me - what is it? £150 million we pump into it each year. WHY?????

The Europeans (and I would include the Scottish and the Irish in that) hate the English.. They want to take as much money from us as they can, send as many civilian troops here as they like just to build houses all over our Green Belt and tear the United KIngdom apart.

I see that now Vincent Kompany has made a few bob here, even he is taking it out of our country and back to his family in Belgium. Good, We can take back control of our Premier League from the liberal dictator Man City which as it happens is a precise definition of an overblown minority, albeit that it is bankrolled by Sheikhs.

I didn't watch the programme. I knew what it would be like,. Three songs in 26 versions, just as it has been since 2001 - the boy/girl band one, the poor version of Coldplay one and the white rap combined with a camp a-whooshing and a-throbbing beats per minute one. You never get Spain sounding like Spain or Greece sounding like Greece anymore. There was more variety in the old Soviet Union when everyone ate the same potatoes and by legal decree could only sing four songs, none of which made any reference to Levis.

Worse, everyone at the "contest" has been turned into zombie clones in the disguise of a children's dressing up box. In truth, you can get all those clothes anyhow at Primark, mostly as discarded on its floors . I feel sorry for young people. They fail to see that they are all being required to be brown shirts, vegan, dancing naked for their health and made to think by Jean Claude Juncker that they will all find gold at the end of some tuneless rainbow.

The coming elections may not be blessed with my vote. No party appears to be in favour of driving tanks into the EU buildings in Brussels which is, of course, something any reasonable party would advocate, whether English or not. Farage is just a dandy who while good with words is extremely dubious in terms of his support for the NHS while all the other parties, apart from UKIP who are currently on 0.0001% in the fixed opinion polls, are simply the wrong sorts of fascists.

The mainstream parties are all into white power. That is why they insist on EU membership. It means that most immigration isn't black or yellow. Behind their deceit you could call them the archetypal advocates of what is horribly called white flight from all the rest of the world, ie the non Europeans. In contrast, and I do concede this one point and so I think would Gerard Batten, the Brexit Party would end this so that most future immigrants would be world citizens of colour.

Forget the supposed issue about Palestine. This is where the white gay people in the Icelandic entry were right. They were soaked through with far right sub-dom Christ like imagery and loads of people collapsing in pools of blood. This was to prove that Caucasian sexual debauchery and freedom of movement will lead to the end of the western civilisation. It was only because Monsieur Barnier didn't want to hear it that they finished no higher than eighth place.

Do you know what the world's biggest democracy is? You won't do so I will tell you. It is India. Do you know what India's population is? You won't do so I will tell you. It is 1.4 BILLION. So if we increased trade with India and just traded with India alone, the United Kingdom would become the world's biggest economy. We could sell them all our whisky and vegetables and they could sell us railway networks, space technology and nuclear power stations.

And yet the EU loons will continue to insist that we need so-called North Macedonia and, god forbid, that 51st state of America which goes under the name of the Netherlands. Rutte is a front. It is actually Hillary Clinton who currently runs it which is why they won. Think about it. They last won in 1975 which was when the UK had its first referendum and decided to stay in the EEC. So it is totally subliminal - though not to me because I can see right through it - and absolutely no coincidence.

Incidentally, the ludicrous spectacle of Australia being in it tells you all you need to known about the extent of the EU's territorial ambitions. Hardly anything has been said in the media about Scott Morrison's victory because they all wanted Labor to win and then stop Australian people, including aboriginals, being loyal servants to Her Majesty the Queen.

Australian Labor probably did a deal some time ago with the EU to get Australia into Eurovision so that 30% of the audience would believe that Australia was actually already a part of Europe and servile only to Brussels. Like fools we all pay for it. Luckily, as soon as Camilla takes over, the Commons will be ditched and we will no longer have to put up with it.