What are you watching on TV? Page 1,660

The Trumped documentary on BBC2 last night was very enjoyable.

New Tricks, with Gabrielle "Bob" Glaister still looking fine after all these years. Lord Percy not so much.

Has anyone watched the US version of Life on Mars? Saw the final episode (on FX) on Sun night and man, what a finishing episode!! Wasn't expecting that at all! (won't spoil if you are watching or planning to) ;)

The US version was quite different from the amazing UK one with Philip Glenister as the brilliant Gene Hunt, John Simm as Sam Tyler (the one who's gone back to 1973) and the support cast too - it was simply outstanding. The music was great as it's my era but obviously, the US version featured more US-based soundtrack so although a lot of the music I recognised, some I'd never heard b4.

Because I loved the UK one so much (and the 80's follow-up series) I was dying to see what the US did with it. In the opening credits it says 'Based on UK Life on Mars..' and it was, loosely. Still enjoyed it though. Loved the music when the action lifted, really true to old 70's cop shows and the cars were pretty cool too.

What did you think?

Looking forward to two more US shows coming back soon, Touch with Kiefer Sutherland and a new series of Dexter - love those shows.

ITV4 are running an early evening series of Minder.

Tonight's was just classic - The Son Also Rises with Alfie Bass and Gary Waldhorn (VicDib) having guest roles.

Quote: chipolata @ October 22 2012, 10:09 AM BST

The Trumped documentary on BBC2 last night was very enjoyable.

An interesting insight into what a banana republic Scotland has become under Salmond.

Quote: Oldrocker @ October 23 2012, 9:21 PM BST

ITV4 are running an early evening series of Minder.

Tonight's was just classic - The Son Also Rises with Alfie Bass and Gary Waldhorn (VicDib) having guest roles.

Watched one this afternoon

Rula lenska was in it

Great stuff

Quote: lofthouse @ October 23 2012, 9:40 PM BST

Watched one this afternoon

Rula lenska was in it

Great stuff

Yeah, that was yesterdays evening one I think, the old lags ?

Usually follows after the Sweeney and inbetween theres Quantum Leap top TV.

I watched The Sweeney tonight and guess who turned up ?

Gary Waldhorn !

:P

I've just turned on that programme about that US town where a large-ish number of kids have Tourettes syndrome. It always seems such a tiring condition. It must be a nightmare.

Comedy world cup

Tedius

That Tennant bloke is an annoying f**kwit

Who writes his...links..?is that the term?

Jeez

Sooty could right funnier links in a coma

'Merlin'. It's shit. Ooh, Merlin moved some leaves with his magic! *Falls Asleep*

You bumder.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 27 2012, 8:57 PM BST

'Merlin'. It's shit. Ooh, Merlin moved some leaves with his magic!

I'd like to see you move leaves with magic.

Quote: zooo @ October 27 2012, 8:58 PM BST

You bumder.

Ha-ha, you like Merlin. *Whispers and makes a branch move a tiny bit*