What are you watching on TV? Page 1,129

Tonight I will watch Ashes To Ashes and some Dexter. :)

The intro bit from Ashes to Ashes has left me with a huge grin.

Quote: sootyj @ April 9 2010, 9:02 PM BST

The intro bit from Ashes to Ashes has left me with a huge grin.

Loved the bit at the end where it focussed in on Shazz, and started going dark, then the Life On Mars music started to play for a few beats! Literally made me sit up straight! Wonder if that's leading anywhere??

A Comedy Roast. I've been drinking, but Sally James doesn't look too bad.

Quote: chipolata @ April 9 2010, 10:10 PM BST

A Comedy Roast. I've been drinking, but Sally James doesn't look too bad.

Sean Lock is brilliant.

I saw the Brucie one and thought it was great. This one's good too and now I wish I'd seen the Sharon Osbourne one. Not for her but because of all the piss-taking.

"Lenny Henry couldn't make it but TISWAS was the biggest thing he's been in. Well - the second..."

Classic!

Surprised there isn't a thread for Comedy Roast - normally a comedian only needs to fart to get his own thread on here ;)

I notice how Chris waits for the comics to get off & then picks on Jamie Theakston.

I'm surprised he didn't throw a spoon at him.

It works best when the comedians are doing the roasting.

I've just watched fifteen minutes or so of Super Nanny :D

Personally, I would have killed the little bastard.

Angry

An advert for free-range pork. Was the pig free range though or just the meat after they'd butchered it?

The last Touch of Frost. :(

Quote: Nil Putters @ April 10 2010, 2:05 AM BST

The last Touch of Frost. :(

What will my Dad watch now?

William Shatner Comedy Roast on 4.

Quote: Alan Cornforth @ April 9 2010, 10:22 PM BST

Surprised there isn't a thread for Comedy Roast - normally a comedian only needs to fart to get his own thread on here ;)

I was going to start one but, ultimately, couldn't be arsed. Alan, you could always have started one yourself. It would probably be on at least it's second page by now. ;)

I did watch all of these, having previously seen one of the American versions wtih William Shatner.

The Brucie one was, understandably, a relatively gentle affair, with only Sean Lock really getting through with some comedy kudos.

The Sharon Osbourne was far filthier, with Keith Lemon being a very dirty (and rather funny) turn. I was disracted throughout by the fact that Rhys' Gary Bellamy off Bellamy's People' Thomas was on stage, as though he should have been one of the turns, but was neither introduced or featured as a turn.

By the Chris Tarrant one, you pretty much understand the system, lots of young comedians that the roastee has probably never heard of doing their bit, a token colleague of the roastee, and any foibles (eg. affairs) repeatedly joked about to diminishing effect.

Entertaining enough if you're in the mood, but probably not for three consecutive nights.