BBC Transgender Comedy Writing Competition...FFS!! Page 9

Using your terminology and your points of reference.

And you keep bringing them up. C'mon once you can't put the lightning back in the jar.

And no the joke was just a play on your reference to feeding a horse.

Quote: Michelleiscorrect @ December 30 2012, 12:51 PM GMT

I was talking about the miranda hart joke. A horse that changes peoples gid is funny, but didnt really like ur miranda hart joke because it was a bit harsh on her (a normal looking woman? ON TELLY MY GOD) even though I am not a fan of her show either.

Oh that?

You are aware half her jokes are referencing how she feels she gets mistaken for a transvestite?

So I'm just referencing her own material.

And I don't think she's normal looking, I think she's quite beautiful and sexy.

Quote: sootyj @ December 30 2012, 12:57 PM GMT

Using your terminology and your points of reference.

And you keep bringing them up. C'mon once you can't put the lightning back in the jar.

And no the joke was just a play on your reference to feeding a horse.

I have no idea what u are talking about now?

Happens to me.

I used the term dickless man, because you did.

And to do something I hate, I will now disect the joke.

1 You have at some point had your penis removed or surgically altered.

2 You refer to "feeding a horse" which sounds like a reference to getting fellated by a horse.

3 By combining the two above concepts. I made the "deliberately false supposition" that you infact had your genitalia altered not intentionally but accidentally when you got orally stimulated by a horse.

I would have made a similar suggestion if the pope, prince charles or former chief rabbi jonathon sacs had been described as "feeding a horse"

Quote: sootyj @ December 30 2012, 1:05 PM GMT

Happens to me.

I used the term dickless man, because you did.

And to do something I hate, I will now disect the joke.

1 You have at some point had your penis removed or surgically altered.

2 You refer to "feeding a horse" which sounds like a reference to getting fellated by a horse.

3 By combining the two above concepts. I made the "deliberately false supposition" that you infact had your genitalia altered not intentionally but accidentally when you got orally stimulated by a horse.

I would have made a similar suggestion if the pope, prince charles or former chief rabbi jonathon sacs had been described as "feeding a horse"

Uuuum, I have no talked about my genitals at all. And when I said I fed a horse, it meant I fed a horse food out of my hand.

You are quite mad aren't you..

Quote: Michelleiscorrect @ December 30 2012, 12:39 PM GMT

W

But you are right, comedy is about smashing walls down. But laughing at someone because they are a "dickless man" isnt smashing down anything, it is just painting the wall the same bloody colour that it was before.

Now say sorry and we shall speak no more of this.

Quote: Michelleiscorrect @ December 30 2012, 1:08 PM GMT

Uuuum, I have no talked about my genitals at all. And when I said I fed a horse, it meant I fed a horse food out of my hand.

Yes it's a double entendre.

If instead of turning up here with the intent of being offended and you had a cursory glance around.

You'll find I frequently amuse myself by misquoting and reediting other peoples posts to imply all sorts of things about them.

You're long, heartfelt posts are just fertile territory.

Quote: Michelleiscorrect @ December 30 2012, 1:08 PM GMT

It's quite scary sometimes, what goes on inside sooty's head.

Quote: zooo @ December 30 2012, 1:19 PM GMT

It's quite scary sometimes, what goes on inside sooty's head.

Just shine a torch in my ear and you can see the very small amount that goes on.

I think the puns are created in a sort of dead zone between my colon and my appendix.

Quote: sootyj @ December 30 2012, 1:15 PM GMT

Now say sorry and we shall speak no more of this.

Yes it's a double entendre.

If instead of turning up here with the intent of being offended and you had a cursory glance around.

You'll find I frequently amuse myself by misquoting and reediting other peoples posts to imply all sorts of things about them.

You're long, heartfelt posts are just fertile territory.

I mever turn up anywhere looking to be offended!! I was googling about the competition and stumbled upon this and renegaude carparks idiotic posts got me so dammed angry that I signed up on the spot to tell him all the different kinds of wrng he is.

Can't believe I wasted all this time, trying to argue with someone who has gone so far up their own arse they can't read simple sentances without looking for some deep, weird connections. For the record sooty, you may be trying to be all surreal, clever and funny. But you just sound weird, confusing and above all, a bit lost really.

Michelle...OUT.

It was rather a long simple sentence and quite offensive.

You can't ask for respect, when you don't show any?

That would be kind of hypocritical.

Quote: Michelleiscorrect @ December 30 2012, 1:24 PM GMT

and stumbled upon this and renegaude carparks idiotic posts got me so dammed angry that I signed up on the spot to tell him all the different kinds of wrng he is.

As usual with single issue advocates, tolerance only goes one way.

Yes, there is an easy way of choosing 'deserving minorities' - Etonian old boys, astronauts and lottery winners are all minorities, do they deserve their own sitcoms? (Though I'd probably watch the one about astronauts)

Sootyj - how dare you describe the TG condition as being equatable to body dysmorphia just because Michelle stated that they all suffer from depression and 41% tried to kill themselves - are you seriously trying to say they might suffer from mental problems?

I enjoyed both the horse and Derren Brown jokes - booyah to you both.

I stand by my assertions that this competition is a pointless exercise in misguided PC pandering by the BBC to appeal to a highly visible though statistically tiny percentage of the population.

Time, effort, resources and £5k of money will be spent on appeasing a highly vocal but ultimately powerless section of the community in the name of 'inclusion'. Remit, diktat, brief...call it what you will, but with so much bad comedy on telly at the moment, the BBC should really be concentrating their attention elsewhere.

Anyways, for those still entering the competition, here are a couple of set up lines for you free of charge -

'I'm afraid the meat and two veg is off tonight'

'Why don't you grow a pair?'

'I'm not getting involved in a tit for tat argument'

All I ask in return for using these comedy nuggets is that you insist that Shania Twain's 'Man I Feel Like A Woman' is not used as the theme tune.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 30 2012, 4:15 PM GMT

As usual with single issue advocates, tolerance only goes one way.

Yes, there is an easy way of choosing 'deserving minorities' - Etonian old boys, astronauts and lottery winners are all minorities, do they deserve their own sitcoms? (Though I'd probably watch the one about astronauts)

Sootyj - how dare you describe the TG condition as being equatable to body dysmorphia just because Michelle stated that they all suffer from depression and 41% tried to kill themselves - are you seriously trying to say they might suffer from mental problems?

I enjoyed both the horse and Derren Brown jokes - booyah to you both.

I stand by my assertions that this competition is a pointless exercise in misguided PC pandering by the BBC to appeal to a highly visible though statistically tiny percentage of the population.

Time, effort, resources and £5k of money will be spent on appeasing a highly vocal but ultimately powerless section of the community in the name of 'inclusion'. Remit, diktat, brief...call it what you will, but with so much bad comedy on telly at the moment, the BBC should really be concentrating their attention elsewhere.

Anyways, for those still entering the competition, here are a couple of set up lines for you free of charge -

'I'm afraid the meat and two veg is off tonight'

'Why don't you grow a pair?'

'I'm not getting involved in a tit for tat argument'

All I ask in return for using these comedy nuggets is that you insist that Shania Twain's 'Man I Feel Like A Woman' is not used as the theme tune.

Single issue advocate? You started this thread on the subject of the trans comedy award. If I came on here screaming about fox hunting that wouldn't exactly add to the discussion would it? And seeing as I am actually a trans person I thought my input might actually mean something rather than the ramblings of an idiot who has never, ever had to deal with any of the crap the GLBT community have to.

And I don't tolerate you or your views because you are arguing as if this competition is hurting anyone. Name one person whose life has been hurt by this award.

Are you Richard Littlejohn? Seriously, he made exactly the same argument against a police union for trans officers. You sound so much like him, it is uncanny.

Either way, I know I am never going to open your eyes to how much of an idiot you clearly are, just hope others reading have read this and maybe had a think.

Quote: Michelleiscorrect @ December 30 2012, 4:45 PM GMT

rather than the ramblings of an idiot who has never, ever had to deal with any of the crap the GLBT community have to.

Either way, I know I am never going to open your eyes to how much of an idiot you clearly are, just hope others reading have read this and maybe had a think.

You've called me an idiot twice. If you want to get personal...Mike...then we can make it personal. I, however, would rather not, so I will let your insults slide based on your emotional state and the amount of alien hormones you're pumping into your system.

I could care less about the problems of the GLBT community, I've got my own problems which are far more pressing and important then the whinging of mainly well off, middle class people with high profile jobs in the entertainment industry.

I'm not attacking Trans-gendered people, I am attacking a competition in which they are being given favourable treatment - the opposite of equality. And as usual, people are forgetting that tolerance means 'to tolerate' - not whole heartedly accept and champion a particular cause.

Look at comedy of the 60s and 70s and it's easy to see why this competition is needed. The constant racist jokes; the ridiculing of women and even of disabled people. Just pig-ignorant schoolboy bully humour dressed up as entertainment.
Transgender-related comedy up until now has been of the same ilk, improved only slightly by the Black and White Minstrel equivalent style of Little Britain.
It's time for a change and bravo to the BBC for helping enable it. It costs peanuts compared to the constant football on the telly which many of us find as interesting as watching the grass grow.

Well, MichelleIsCorrect, if you're going in for this, you may have a little competition if I can shake off my bone-idle habits long enough to write some stuff beyond the few hundred words keyed in so far. I'm sure I won't be a strong contender because comedy-writing is new to me, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Quote: Michelleiscorrect @ December 30 2012, 4:45 PM GMT

Are you Richard Littlejohn? Seriously, he made exactly the same argument against a police union for trans officers. You sound so much like him, it is uncanny.

A union of any sort of police officer would be illegal, infact I believe it would count as a form of high treason.

You'd want every trans police officer in the UK shot? That's the most horrible prejudiced thing I've ever heard!

Oh wait you meant an association of trans gendered police officers.

How many of these officers are there?

Oh wait this organisation exists and would like state funding. Unlike any other employment unions.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/154355/Sex-swap-police-want-you-to-fund-transgender-group

I entirely oppose this not as a antitrans bigot. Albeit why you have to make margarine so unhealthy I do not know.

But because breaking employment associations and unions into single issue groups. Makes organised labour into a state of utter meaningless. That's profoundly, stupidly selfish of you.

But also because when the public sector is being starved of funds. Sticking public funds into single, issue, special pleading groups is a ridiculously offensive and ultimately unpatriotic exercise.

Quote: Jella @ December 30 2012, 5:54 PM GMT

Well, MichelleIsCorrect, if you're going in for this, you may have a little competition if I can shake off my bone-idle habits long enough to write some stuff beyond the few hundred words keyed in so far. I'm sure I won't be a strong contender because comedy-writing is new to me, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I would be delighted to view and offer feedback on anything you or Michelle would choose to post up.

Quote: Jella @ December 30 2012, 5:39 PM GMT

Look at comedy of the 60s and 70s and it's easy to see why this competition is needed. The constant racist jokes; the ridiculing of women and even of disabled people. Just pig-ignorant schoolboy bully humour dressed up as entertainment.
Transgender-related comedy up until now has been of the same ilk, improved only slightly by the Black and White Minstrel equivalent style of Little Britain.
It's time for a change and bravo to the BBC for helping enable it. It costs peanuts compared to the constant football on the telly which many of us find as interesting as watching the grass grow.

Well except that was the 60s and 70s and much ground has been made up. First of all tentatively with Love they Neghbour and then more confidently with Desmonds and The Fresh Prince (the real game changers).

It's interesting how the really progressive gay sitcoms only happened in the 90s.

The question about trans comedy is let's be honest far more complex. And perhaps the real difficulty is any such sitcom would have to be actually educative and not just funny.

But also here's a question; what is the diference between being a transvestite and a surgery adverse transexual?

As this seems to be a definition that comes up alot.