Official BCG Christmas drinks - 7th December Page 16

Quote: sootyj @ December 10 2012, 10:32 AM GMT

No no I think it was reserved indoors but it was rammed stop apologising.

Ok there was a lovely table but Koffi Anan and Nelson Mandela needed it to broker a peace treaty with Syria. And Santa needed it to wrap presents for all the kids with AIDS that nobody loves. And then it was needed for emergency open heart surgery.

So we were glad to give it up.

That.

We had 16 attendees and there was room for about 4 round the indoor table, so Anan Mandela and Claus left little room. Place was rammed with Christmas parties too.

Oh okay. I told them 10 would turn up... so that's not great.

Ah well - well I hope you all had fun anyway!

Quote: AJGO @ December 10 2012, 1:00 AM GMT

That was a fail on behalf of pub, let's do Bree Louise or elsewhere again next time. Or not, we'll have forgotten the pain by Spring

I think every pub in Central London was packed out on Friday (including / especially the Bree Louise) and as mentioned, there were several Christmas parties going on in the pub at the same time. Some off us tried a couple of pubs after the Enterprise had shut and they were full to the rafters as well.

We could have got 8-10 around the table at the front of the pub, but not the 16+ peeps who showed. On the plus side, everyone seemed to get served very quickly and I've been in pubs half as busy and it takes forever to get a round in.

I didn't mind the beer garden, it had electric heating, a bit of space (compared to indoors), you could hear conversations and enjoy a cigarette / cigar with your drink. Yeah, it was cold, but not the end of the world. (I thought everyone on here hated the summer and hot weather anyways?)

I had a great time, but maybe I'm made of sterner stuff.

I didn't really notice it being chilly, to be honest, but then I'm very manly.

Stott are you aware there was a man who looked remarkably similar to you but was very tall?

It was like a permanent optical illusion.

I think you were all warmed by the booze! I felt a distinct need for a cup of tea by about 11pm!

Quote: sootyj @ December 10 2012, 12:05 PM GMT

Stott are you aware there was a man who looked remarkably similar to you but was very tall?

It was like a permanent optical illusion.

It was pointed out that there was a tall man with a beard and glasses, yes. And that he was the tall, handsome version of me. Basically a lot of people hurting my feelings, then laughing about it. I cried on the tube ride home.

Well he had your beard shape.

I didn't think he had half your compact, aesthetic perfection.

But it was just disturbing that if I glanced from one of you to the other it was like you were teleporting great distances in a blink.

I don't think we worked out a password for the pictures. I was thinking AJGO's hat would be a good one.

Anyone have other suggestions?

As RC said, 4 of us ended up at the Old Crown on High Holborn until about 2am.

It too was jammed full, and there was a party going on upstairs, where BCG met once before (the pictionary meet) , but if we could get that room again for a future meeting it would be great.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 10 2012, 12:22 PM GMT

I don't think we worked out a password for the pictures. I was thinking AJGO's hat would be a good one.

Anyone have other suggestions?

I think the password should be HATSANDHEELS !

Quote: Marc P @ December 10 2012, 2:22 PM GMT

I think the password should be HATSANDHEELS !

Damn you ruined that one by publishing it.

Pleased

Badge did exactly the same Bill.

Quote: billwill @ December 10 2012, 2:12 PM GMT

As RC said, 4 of us ended up at the Old Crown on High Holborn until about 2am.

It too was jammed full, and there was a party going on upstairs, where BCG met once before (the pictionary meet) , but if we could get that room again for a future meeting it would be great.

I had complaints about that as there wasn't a bar upstairs and people had to walk downstairs for the bar.

No pleasing anyone.