Cuckoo - Series 1 Page 5

What this show needs is Warwick Davis to turn up as Greg Davies's long-lost brother.

I'd watch that.

I've just started watching this, and I have to say I'm rather enjoying it.

But there's a niggling suspicion in the back of my mind that I only like it because Baxendale.

F**k me she's hot.

Can you imagine her and Davies in the sack? It's be like watching the Krankies going at it.

Quote: Beej @ October 10 2012, 2:46 PM BST

Thought it was funny last night :D bit predictable with the drug swap but loved the Dexy's thing and Ken being so high he ordered tickets to see them and a drum kit! Throwing up in the car too, predictable but again, still funny with the two of them driving to his son's party and forcing themselves onto the DJ stand, hehe.

I think the other characters creeping into this are good too, the woman he called cue ball last week in the speech at the supposed 'girls night out' who is desperate for the marriage to end and for her own son to go out with the daughter, that was a good scene with him.

Think it's getting funnier and wondering how it will all end?

I agree. It came into its own for me in Episode 3. Really found its feet. Enjoyed it loads.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ October 11 2012, 11:58 AM BST

But there's a niggling suspicion in the back of my mind that I only like it because Baxendale.

Her lovely arse in tight jeans at the airport is the only thing I remember about the first episode, I nearly wanked myself raw.

(if that quote doesn't go in the BCG Newsletter, then I'm a Dutchman)

Watching episode one on the BBC iPlayer, and after 5 minutes, I'm still waiting for the first joke!
It didn't help that the first scene had a woman throwing up!!!

Funny third episode; at least all the Dad and Cuckoo stuff.

Hi guys, I'm new here, pleased to be joining you :)

If you enjoy farce, double entendre and schoolboy jokes, you'll like "Cuckoo". Or at least some aspects of it. There are moments for me of laugh-out-loud comedy, but at times the humour is laboured and the story line is a cliche.

But I shall keep tuning in every week because of the gorgeous Helen Baxendale and the endearing Greg Davies. Those two should be "centre stage" all the time, with the dippy hippy son-in-law and the dull-as-ditchwater daughter playing only
supporting roles.

Incidentally can anyone tell me what other TV comedy or drama Juliet Gowan has been in, in the past? She played the character "Nina" in the last episode of Cuckoo. Hadn't seen her on screen for years until she turned up in that. A Google search reveals nothing about her.....

Welcome, Zoey.

It's Juliet *Cowan, which is probably why you couldn't find anything. :)

Quote: Beej @ October 10 2012, 2:46 PM BST

Thought it was funny last night :D bit predictable with the drug swap but loved the Dexy's thing

I think the whole thing is dreadful, unfunny twaddle.

Re The Dexy's thing - Ken's dungaree outfit postdated the music. The music was 'Young Soul Rebels' era, when Dexy's wore donkey jackets and woolly Benny from Crossroads hats. Ken's dungarees were from the band's later gypsy fiddling too-rye-ay period. They should get these things right.

But seriously,it's tired, lazy stuff, I think. Formulae and cliches are fine in sitcoms, but they're used with a ham fist here.

Quote: Pip Bond @ October 15 2012, 6:38 PM BST

Re The Dexy's thing - Ken's dungaree outfit postdated the music. The music was 'Young Soul Rebels' era, when Dexy's wore donkey jackets and woolly Benny from Crossroads hats. Ken's dungarees were from the band's later gypsy fiddling too-rye-ay period. They should get these things right.

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 15 2012, 3:19 PM BST

Welcome, Zoey.

It's Juliet *Cowan, which is probably why you couldn't find anything. :)

Ah, thanks Nil Putters, that explains it
:)

Well Cuckoo cheers me up every week. It is so funny. But I am posting on here because I want to see a Christmas special.

Gone are the old days when we looked forward to Christmas TV. Now all we get are dated repeats. So come on producers make our Christmas and do a special. All those in favour should back this request.

Keeping my fingers crossed

Quote: Pip Bond @ October 15 2012, 6:38 PM BST

Re The Dexy's thing - Ken's dungaree outfit postdated the music.

Are you a man? Men don't usually bother about fashion. Dungarees come from about Victorian times anyway, don't they? Doesn't make sense.

Quote: Tickled @ October 16 2012, 11:11 PM BST

Well Cuckoo cheers me up every week. It is so funny. But I am posting on here because I want to see a Christmas special.

Gone are the old days when we looked forward to Christmas TV. Now all we get are dated repeats. So come on producers make our Christmas and do a special. All those in favour should back this request.

Keeping my fingers crossed

Why would you want Cuckoo for Christmas?!

Because it's a much bigger turkey than he usually has.