Cuckoo - Series 1 Page 6

Why does this thread have the emotty ' :('? ' Whistling nnocently' would be apposite.

Thank God this travesty is over. If this unfortunate comedy gets another series, come back with the lead character dead or replace him with an actor.

I watched one episode. There was nothing wrong with Andy Samberg (or any of the cast really) and everything wrong with a script pretty much devoid of jokes.

i loved these it was brillant hope they do a second series.

Me too!! Bring on series 2

I have been a lurker here for donkeys years.
Before tonight,I have never been compelled to join so that I could reply to a thread. I know that comedy is extremely subjective, and there is never right or wrong when It comes to personal taste in humour...

However.

I was just stuck at a friends house waiting for a lift home, and I had to sit through an Episode of "Cuckoo".
I can honestly say I haven't seen such a dire pathetically unfunny piece of drivel masquerading as comedy in years.
It makes 2 pints of lager seem like Fawlty Towers in comparison.
Rubbish. Utter tripe.
How something as bad as this gets commissioned astounds me.

And now my spleen as been vented - Back to lurking...

I thought it was absolutely brilliant, and the only dissappointment was that it finished after 6 episodes. We can't all like the same things, but it would be ashame to miss out on more of this because some people didn't like it, so my advise to them would be to turn the channel over to whatever does it or you and leave the rest of us to enjoy. Hillerious show :D

Best sitcom of 2012! 1st episode was a bit... mm but it's not obvious and played for laughs. It's warm/funny and well written/acted characters. It's not too culture clash with obvious differences between Andy / Greg. Can't wait for next..season! Cool Cool

I have absolutely adored cuckoo. There are a lot of negative comments about the sitcom, but I believe that if people kept watching after the first episode it would really grow on them. Another reason why I might have loved cuckoo is because I am a teenage girl, and I think that perhaps 40something adults might not have the same humour as I do. Andy was a bit annoying but I think he played his part well. I loved Helen and Davies, I thought they worked well with each other. I loved Tyger Drew-Honey and his character, that's why I started to watch the show. However, I do admit that the character of Rachel did really annoy me. But oh well nothing can be perfect.

I watched the episode in which the father shot the cat. It had some really funny moments.

By the way, welcome Anais. Wave

Quote: Anais @ January 6 2013, 11:41 AM GMT

I have absolutely adored cuckoo. There are a lot of negative comments about the sitcom, but I believe that if people kept watching after the first episode it would really grow on them. Another reason why I might have loved cuckoo is because I am a teenage girl, and I think that perhaps 40something adults might not have the same humour as I do. Andy was a bit annoying but I think he played his part well. I loved Helen and Davies, I thought they worked well with each other. I loved Tyger Drew-Honey and his character, that's why I started to watch the show. However, I do admit that the character of Rachel did really annoy me. But oh well nothing can be perfect.

I'm a late thirty something and I enjoyed it. I think we're meant to sympathise more with the older characters than the younger characters.

Or maybe that's how it works-a generation gap comedy.

Hate to hear people's tweets about it though. Everyone tweets-so what?

Quote: Tim Azure @ January 6 2013, 2:05 PM GMT

I'm a late thirty something and I enjoyed it. I think we're meant to sympathise more with the older characters than the younger characters.

Normally I have nothing against hippies etc. But this one constantly makes me want to slap his face. Bloody annoying guy; Cuckoo...F**koo! (I'm 35)

Think I only caught four of the episodes, but I enjoyed it. Especially the ep where they end up off their faces at a teenagers party, dancing to Dexy's Midnight Runner's.

Quote: Ben700 @ January 13 2013, 6:01 PM GMT

I loved this show and as far as I'm concerned is the 2nd best new sitcom of 2012, behind Hunderby.

Greg Davies is brilliant, hope there is a second series.

Yes, Greg Davies is good, the young hippie is a bit annoying though.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ January 13 2013, 6:45 PM GMT

Yes, Greg Davies is good, the young hippie is a bit annoying though.

That's sort of the point, isn't it? That he's often annoying and we feel for the Dad.