Hooligan's Island Page 5

I'll have you know that Guest House Paradiso is very, very funny.

I liked Teenage kicks particularly the original radio series :$ Haven't see Guest House Paradiso for ages, but I remember the opening scene on the motorbike being funny and I love the title of the film

Quote: Aaron @ October 19 2012, 5:15 PM BST

No, it's not. Ok, the bits with Bill Nighy are mildly funny but then it gets boring and even embarrassing.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ October 19 2012, 5:51 PM BST

No, it's not. Ok, the bits with Bill Nighy are mildly funny but then it gets boring and even embarrassing.

Was Bill Nighy in it, forgot that, is it worth digging out to look at again?

I have no recollection of Bill Nighy. Just laughing. A lot.

best line of the film:
Mrs Hardy: [ordering breakfast] Where do your eggs come from?
Richard Twat: Ermm... Hens vaginas?

Yes it is Bill!

No. Wrong.

Dan

Yes it is, as it has Simon Pegg in it...

Quote: swerytd @ October 19 2012, 10:15 PM BST

No. Wrong.

I know you are, but what am I?

Quote: zooo @ October 19 2012, 10:23 PM BST

Yes it is, as it has Simon Pegg in it...

And so has Mission Impossible III...which was crap too. But Pegg is a good one, I give you that.

Quite saddened to hear that this is not going ahead. What these guys did was always very innovative, and is still very different to anyone doing comedy now - it would have been great to have another blast from them. I hope one of them will do another sitcom series at some point. I wish "Teenage Kicks" had been given another chance to get stronger. More comic use could have been made of the younger actors to get the most out of it.

I think it's a shame the show is not going to happen. :(

Rik was more interested in doing the project rather than Ade. It wouldn't work for Ade because he had to do touring with his band. But sad it is not coming back.

I've just reread this thread and I'm still very sad that this show is not going to happen.

Def.