Sketch Comp 18.8 - 25.8.12

Best crop in ages so congratulations to ISHY for winning hands-down (never understood that phrase). Get ludicrously yet legitimately poo-faced and PM me for next week's topic please.
Hence:

Votes - Points - Name
6 - 10 - Ishy
3 - 5 - Gappy
2 - 1 - Steve Sunshine
Special mention: KC82, Tursiops
Mention: Lazzard, Overlay, Lippy Alison

Your new subject: THE GARDEN (chosen by Lazzard)

Rules:
One entry/vote per person. Anyone can enter regardless of colour, sexual preferences or inside leg measurement, except the kid at school who masturbated all over my rugby kit, I know who you are.
Can be a sketch, joke, lyric or anything else as long as it's original and vaguely linked to the topic. Please try and only post your entry/vote and no other posts.
You can edit your entry as much as you want, up until the closing time.

Competition Closes: 25.8.12

Overall Leader Board is now:

Points - Position - Name

10 - 1 - Ishy, Lazzard
5 - 2 - Gappy, Sootyj
1 - 1 - Steve Sunshine

Welcome back Mr Michael, all that 'thinking' over Mel C's photo must have temporarily blinded you ;) KC82 got a vote not just a mention.

Thank you, consider it dung. Yes, masturbation makes you blind, especially if you jizz in your eye. Still, no use crying over spilt milk.
PS Just noticed something, I'll bung it in here or the thread will get inordinately long. Under the points system it's 10 for the winner, 5 for second place, then 1. This week both Tursiops and KC82 got a well-earned vote but unfortunately this was still less than the other 3 in the list, hence 'special mention'. The others got a 'mention' but alas no actual votes.
If people are unhappy with this we can start a separate thread...? Originally it was one point to one vote but the list was getting too long and out-of-date. I think the current system is more manageable and lets newcomers work their way up quickly.

F/X: COCKEREL CROWING-IN THE MORNING

F/X: CURTAINS OPENING.

SARAH: Oh God Tim wake up quick. We've got gypsies. They've taken over our lovely garden. Look, there's at least three of them parked up overnight in their mobile home things.

TIM: Darling. We don't call them gypsies. They're travelling people. People who like to travel.

SARAH: They're not travelling Tim. They're completely static - exactly where I'd planned the rose garden.

TIM: Calm down Sarah. They'll probably be gone by tomorrow. That's what happens. They'll move on.

SARAH: Don't give me that. I know how these things work. Do you remember when my sister had gypsies in their field. They had to get court injunctions and the police involved. Mark my word, once they've found somewhere where they can get away with murder - literally, they'll give their friends a call and they'll have multiplied by tomorrow. We can't let them get a foothold.

F/X: WINDOW OPENING

SARAH: Oi clear off you dirty scum. Go and bother someone else.

TIM: Sarah. Stop it. You'll get us in trouble for harassment.

SARAH: Oh yes typical. They disturb us. Ruin what we've got and then we get arrested. What is this country coming to. (PAUSE). Oh God one of the them is outside with his shirt off. It's disgusting.

MAN: (SHOUTS OFF) Heather!

SARAH: They're flipping at it already.

MAN: (SHOUTS OFF) Heather darling, your breakfast is ready.

SARAH: He's coming this way. Quick get something I can hit him with.

F/X: KNOCKS ON DOOR & DOOR OPENING

SARAH (cont): (NASTY) What do you want. Get off our land with your dirty habits and scruffy ways.

MAN: I was just going to ask if you knew where the nearest recycling bins are.

SARAH: Recycling? Don't give me that. Just call it stealing like you really mean. Why don't you just drop your trousers right now and shit on our doorstep like all you people do.

TIM: Sarah. I'll deal with this. Sorry mate. It's just outside Sainsburys about a quarter of a mile up the road.

MAN: Thanks pal. Bye.

F/X: DOOR CLOSING

TIM: Let's not over-react.

SARAH: How can you be so obtuse?

TIM: What does that mean?

SARAH: It means you haven't watched the Shawshank Redemption. (BEAT) And that's what it will be like you know. Prisoners in our own home. And I'll get raped just like Morgan Freeman's friend. Is that what you want?

TIM: I think you're getting carried away dear.

SARAH: You just don't care do you. They'll encourage our daughter to run away to the circus you know.

TIM: That's not very likely is it. Gloria is 52, and an investment banker.

SARAH: (CRYING). It's all ruined Tim. Everything we'd planned for. All our dreams. I don't want to be here any more. I can't stand it. We've got to move straight away. Immediately.

TIM: Alright darling. If you feel that strongly about it. Go and pack and I'll start the car. I knew we shouldn't have gone caravanning.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ August 18 2012, 8:38 AM BST

Your new subject: THE GARDEN (chosen by Lazzard)

A-ha! Go for it Lazzard. ;)

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ August 18 2012, 11:55 AM BST

A-ha! Go for it Lazzard. ;)

Just preparing the ground, so to speak.

That's not my entry , by the way.

IT’S A MARY-CULL

RAMSHACKLE GARDEN.
A scraggy faggy old LADY is digging…

GIRL’S VOICE (off) Mary!

She ignores it.

VOICE MARY!

LADY (jumps, looks round) Who the frickin’ heck are you?

VOICE I’m your director’s commentary.

LADY Erector what? Listen love I’m an oldie, last time I saw an erection it was on a building site.

VOICE My my my, somewhat behind the times aren’t we Mary? These days every time anyone gets off their collective buttocks and actually does something it’s all over YouTube then a DVD with some monstrously mind-numbing moron such as me commenting all over it.

LADY Well you can sod off, I’m busy.

VOICE Quite contrary aren’t we?

LADY Huh? Oh yeah, very funny, sheer Oscar Wilde. Now bugger of out of it and leave me in peace.

She continues digging, looking round nervously… Finally:

LADY WHAT?

VOICE (dreamy) How does your garden grow?

LADY Well it doesn’t does it, it’s a garden, it just stays the same size it is till I start fiddling with it.

VOICE (giggles) Like your hubby?

LADY Don’t get cocky.

VOICE (giggles again)

LADY Shut up!

VOICE (rhapsodic) With silver bells…

LADY I’ll make you a silver belle in a minute…

VOICE And cockle…

LADY Stop saying that!

VOICE Shells…

LADY Now there’s an idea… (she prances off)

VOICE How simply enchanting! I wonder which shells I may look forward to – a brilliant bivalve, a grandiose gastropod, a priceless polyplacophoran…

LADY (returns) Don’t think so mate.

She throws a bombshell, it explodes…

VOICE (screams)

LADY Look at you splitting into a thousand non-speaking parts – pretty maids all in a row! Ho ho…

She continues digging, then looks up.

LADY Good afternoon children, can you guess what I’ve been doing in the garden today? If so, write in and win a Blue Peter badge…

Quote: Shandonbelle @ August 18 2012, 8:46 AM BST

Welcome back Mr Michael, all that 'thinking' over Mel C's photo must have temporarily blinded you ;) KC82 got a vote not just a mention.

So did Tursiops, though I appreciate my post was a bit ambiguous.

[MAN and WOMAN are in their suburban garden. An EXTERMINATOR in a white jumpsuit is investigating a tree next to the back door]

EXTERMINATOR: Yep. Yes, they’re wasps all right. Right here in your garden. Coming into the house I wouldn’t wonder.

MAN: And can you get rid of them?

E: Oh, yes, no sweat.

WOMAN: Oh, wonderful. Shall I put the kettle on?

E: Ah, right, but I’m not allowed to, you see. And, yes, a cuppa would be brilliant, love.

M: What’s that?

E: White, three sugars.

M: Never mind that, why can’t you get rid of this infestation? Isn’t that your job?

E: Oh yeah, without a doubt. Extermination, I’m all over that, vocationally speaking. It’s just that, I’m not allowed to get rid of these particular wasps.

W: Oh! Are they protected?

E: Yes. No. Sort of. It’s not the species, you see, darling, it’s these particular wasps. The thing about these precise wasps, what it is, you see, about these here wasps, is that they’re listed.

M: You mean...like a building?

E: Yeah, just like a building. ‘Cept buzzier. And in your garden. Couldn;t have a building in the garden...except maybe a shed. Anyway, these here wasps have been here since the 18th century.

M: The 18th century?

E: Yeah, look very closely, and you can see the wigs. Tiny little wigs, they’re wearing. Terribly unhygienic, of course, them wigs, but that was the fashion of the day. So, anyway, I’m not allowed to make any alterations to them.

M: Well, can’t you kill them?

E: I’d call that a pretty big alteration, wouldn’t you?

W: I think what we mean is...well, surely they’ll die eventually, so what’s the difference?

E: Look, love, one day, right, one day the white cliffs of Dover will crumble in to the sea because of coastal erosion, but I can’t start going at them with a JCB, could I? Wouldn’t be moral, legal or...any of the above.

W: Granted, but surely the wasps will die somewhat sooner, nobody would know.

M: And then the nation could enjoy their little corpses in, you know, a museum or whatever.

E: You call that living heritage? Eh? It’d be like putting St Paul’s in a dome.

M: it’s already in a dome.

W: Listen, the point is, it’s not been these actual wasps here, has it?

E: Course.

W: You mean...you’re saying these specific wasps are three centuries old? How can that be?

E: I told you, they’re listed. Got listed in the 18th century, never died.

M: Err...what did you say?

E: Yeah, when they list something, it lives forever. Dunno how they do it, some sort of ritual or something. Been passed down in secret through, like, Archbishops, or whatever. Surprised you don’t know that.

W: And, erm, are people ever listed?

E: Oh, yeah. All the time. Well, not all the time, that’d be exhausting. Special occasions. There’s, like, a raffle.

M: And how do you get tickets?

E: You don’t. All National Trust members gets picked from. Like a lottery

W: Oh. Are we in the National Trust, darling?

M: No.

E: Ah, well, this could be your lucky day. I just happen to have a couple of forms here, cos I had to nip round on the way over, see, to check about these wasps, and I thought, on the offchance... [Takes out forms] Just fill them in and drop them round with the cheque, for, what is it, £130 per year. Have to be priority members to go in the tombola, you see.

W: And this voluntary £20 donation to the Turner birthplace memorial fund, should we pay that too?

E: Well, I don’t know. I’m not allowed to say [Tapping nose] I couldn’t possibly say whether that would have a positive effect [Winking]

M: Right, well, excellent, we’ll get these sent off in a jiffy. Oh, and don’t worry about the wasps.

E: Right you are. Now, about that tea.

[Freeze frame. Pull out to see the above shown on a projector in a meeting room. Lights come up]

CHAIR: And that is how Roderick Maunay became our National Trust salesperson of the year, well done, Roderick!

[Applause]

And I must also mention in despatches our runner up, Gail Bollinger, for her excellent email campaign, “The National Trust has crashed on the Nigerian border”. Sterling work.

[More applause]

That just about wraps us up for another year, and remember, people: the National Trust must be sold by any means necessary. OK, I think there’s coffee coming, so just –

[Enter MESSENGER, at a run. Comes up to CHAIR and hands them a piece of paper]

MESSENGER: Madam! I’ve just been contacted!

CHAIR : What is it, girl?

MESSENGER: Apparently the RSPB has won the Mexican lottery, and if we can put up the admin fee we can have half!

CHAIR: Quick! Where’s my credit card.

Ext: A Garden. ARNOLD (dressed in gardening clothes) is speaking to Mr LAWRENCE (an old and deviant looking man)

ARNOLD: Hello Mr Lawrence! We spoke on the phone. I'm Arnold. I've come to talk about doing your gardening for you.

MR LAWRENCE: Hello! I'm afraid you'll have to forgive me but I don't trust you. You'll have to answer some devilish questions before I'll consent to give you my custom m'laddo.

ARNOLD: Ri...

MR LAWRENCE: (pointing) What's that?!

ARNOLD: Oh, that's Lavender. Likes it quite dry and not too rich.

MR LAWRENCE: (pointing) Oh. What's that?!

ARNOLD: Camelia. Blooms in early spring. Dead head it and it'll bloom more vigourously next season.

MR LAWRENCE: (pointing) Oh. What's that?!

ARNOLD: What?

MR LAWRENCE: That, there.

ARNOLD: Where? Behind my van?

MR LAWRENCE: So, you know it's name.

ARNOLD: My van?

MR LAWRENCE: Yes, and??

ARNOLD: (beat) It likes diesel. Is full of tools. Occasionally a bit tricksy to start on cold mornings. Does this weird thing with the electric windows sometimes.

MR LAWRENCE: (Pointing) Oh. What's that?!

ARNOLD: That appears to be a life size cardboard cut out of BBC Sports presenter Hazel Irvine.

MR LAWRENCE: Yes?

ARNOLD: While equally adept in football, rugby, athletics or show jumping, Hazel really thrives on snooker and I suspect is getting a portion off John Virgo.

MR LAWRENCE: My Hazel? With that big brute from Big Break? Never! Never I say!

(He composes himself)

Well, everything appears to be in order. Can you start on Wednesday?

ARNOLD: No.

GARDENER'S QUESTION TIME

GRAMS: Applause

ERIC ROBSON: This week, Gardener's Question Time comes from the beautiful village of Scratchy Bottom,
in Dorset - where we are guests of the Scratchy Bottom Horticultural Society - the only
double-entendre based Gardening Club in Britain.

MORE APPLAUSE AND CHEERS

ERIC ROBSON: So without further ado - can we have our first question?

PAUL: Paul Hardwinkle, allotment holder. I wonder if the panel would like to take a look at my
plums...

HOOTS OF RIBALD LAUGHTER

ERIC ROBSON: Well, if you'd like to get them out on the table...

MORE HOOTS.

ERIC ROBSON: Should they really be that colour?

EVEN LOUDER HOOTS - A COMEDY TROMBONE

ERIC ROBSON: Well, I think you can put them away now as we move onto our next question please...

DILYS: Dilys Belcher, amateur gardener. My prunus avium has been shedding leaves all summer
and for the past three years has refused to fruit - does the panel think I'm about to lose
my cherry?

HYSTERICAL LAUGHTER, CLAXONS.

ERIC ROBSON: Not in that dress, love.

PEOPE ARE ACTUALLY DYING IN THE AUDIENCE NOW.

ERIC ROBSON: Next! Elderly lady at the back...

SARAH: Sarah Pratt, Poole Floral Society - it's about my box...

AN ENCOURAGING CHEER.

ERIC ROBSON: (likes the sound of this) Go on..?

SARAH: Well I've quite a sizeable bush - would the panel recomend a good trim.

HUGE CHEER.

ERIC ROBSON: Well, let's have a look at it.

A PAUSE THEN A HORRIFIED GASP FROM THE AUDIENCE

ERIC ROBSON: Security!!

BOOING & JEERING

SARAH: I don't understand...

ERIC ROBSON: This is the BBC for Christ's sake...

SARAH: But...

ERIC ROBSON: That, madam, is NOT your front bottom, and you know it - it's a bloody plant and not in
the least bit hilarious.

SCUFFLING. MORE BOOING

GUARD: Come on, Madam - it's for your own good...

SARAH: I'm 72 years old!

MORE JEERING FROM THE AUDIENCE

SARAH: I'm not well.

THE AUDIENCE DON"T CARE - CONTINUE BOOING & JEERING

SARAH: (shouts) I've got acute angina...

MOMENTARY PAUSE - THEN HUGE CHEER.

ERIC ROBSON: Goodbye!

GENTLEMAN
Mr Brown…

CAPABILITY BROWN
Please, call me Capability.

GENTLEMAN
Indeed, I employed you for your fame in being capable of improving upon mere nature.

CAPABILITY BROWN
Plant a tree here, divert a river there, evict a family of starving paupers and demolish their unsightly hovel. It’s all in the detail.

GENTLEMAN
Quite so. The secret of your success lies in the artful manipulation of natural forms to create an idealised landscape. Which is why I was not expecting quite so much decking.

CAPABILITY BROWN
The perfection of nature is a bit last year.

GENTLEMAN
My estate comprises five thousand rolling acres. All of which are now under planking.

CAPABILITY BROWN
Yes it needs a few containers, some statues to lead the eye...

GENTLEMAN
About the statuary. I had had in mind something more classical and imposing; and not quite so garish. And with less in the way of fishing rods and wheel-barrows.

CAPABILITY BROWN
Gnomes are quite the latest in sophisticated taste. Particualrly the one there dropping his trousers.

GENTLEMAN
I must trust to your genius. I do like those little trees in front of the windows of the west façade.

CAPABILITY BROWN
The latest in dwarf conifers, leylandi.

GENTLEMAN
So where are you off to next?

CAPABILITY BROWN
Stowe; it’s going to be my masterpiece. I am really excited about this stuff called ‘tarmac’.

END

The Springfield rd war

Midnight in the back garden of number 26 Springfield rd

Gnome #1 : sorry son you can't stay here, you will have go to the other side
Of the pond with all the other garden gnomes.

Young gnome : but why? Its so nice and pleasant here, everyone looks so gloomy
Over there.

Gnome #1 : well you see son, you are only a plastic garden gnome, where as we are
A ancient Germanic race of gnomes who date back to paracelsus, your
Kind are not welcome here.

Young gnome : isn’t that a bit racist? Why can't we all live together in peace?.

Sitting on toilet gnome : (shouts from other side of pond) you tell him son! he’s
Nothing but a stuck up bigot.

Gnome #1 : shut up you idiot ..you’ve spent the last three years on a toilet.

Sitting on toilet gnome : well you’ve spent the last six year with a pointy toadstool
Up your arse and a big smile on your face!

Young gnome : listen is there any need for all this? Its 2012 things are different now,
Us gnomes are all one small humanoid creature, there is no difference between
Goblins,leprechauns,elves or even pygmies, we even allow the ornamental frog
Some rights. Our beautiful space is getting smaller, we have to compete with wind
Chimes ,novelty bird boxes and block paving..we are turning the average English
Garden into a f**king mess….literally.

Gnome #1 : F**K IT..ATTACK

House owner goes into the garden in the morning

House owner : rodger…the vandals have been back..

NIGHT - NEV AND AUDREY STAND AT THE KITCHEN WINDOW PEERING INTO THE BACK GARDEN - THE SECURITY LIGHT COMES ON.

NEV
He's back, I told you I heard a yelp, must have bumped himself launching over the back fence (crams to get a better look)

AUDREY
Aww, he looks all dishevelled, look at his coat…all grass.
He's sniffing round the spring onions; he must be starving.

NEV
Ok, he's doing a piss….wait, no, it's the full whammy…right on top of the rhubarb. We've been having rhubarb crumble for months…I feel sick.

AUDREY
I'm just glad it wasn't into the water butt...still, we can sell the rhubarb at the farmers market from now on, they love organic, and you can't get more organic than that.

NEV
What's he doing now? look, he's circling crazy round the washing line, must have an itch…he'll end up dizzy.

AUDREY
Ah look, he's splashed into the pond now. Bless.

NEV
It amazes me he always manages to drag himself back out, shake himself off and then start on the homebrew in the shed.

AUDREY
That's my pops; he could always hold his drink.

INT HOUSE. AN ESTATE AGENT (JEREMY) IS SHOWING A YOUNG COUPLE PETE AND STEPH AROUND.

JEREMY:
So, as you can see, it’s very clean and compact. Ideal for first time buyers.

PETE:
What about the garden?

JEREMY:
Well, the property doesn’t really come with one as such, but we do provide a garden simulation system.

STEPH:
What on earth is that?

JEREMY:
Allow me to demonstrate.

JEREMY WALKS OVER TO A WOODEN BOX. HE PULLS OUT A CRICKET BAT AND SMASHES PETE IN THE BACK WITH IT.

PETE:
Christ my back.

JEREMY:
That’s two hours busting a gut trying to pull up a tree stump.

JEREMY HITS PETE AGAIN IN THE BACK WITH THE CRICKET BAT

PETE:
What the hell.

JEREMY:
A spot of decking.

JEREMY THEN TAKES HOLD OF THE CRICKET BAT AGAIN. PETE BACKS AWAY. JEREMY HANDS THE BAT TO HIM. PETE LOOKS CONFUSED.

JEREMY:
A game of family cricket.

PETE NODS HIS HEAD SUSPICIOUSLY. JEREMY THEN HANDS A PAPER BAG TO PETE WHO LOOKS INSIDE AND RECOILS

JEREMY:
Cat shit cleared off your lawn.

JEREMY POURS SOME WATER OVER PETES HEAD AND RELEASES A BUZZING JAR OF INSECTS OVER HIM CAUSING HIM TO RUN OFF SCREAMING

JEREMY:
A Barbeque.

JEREMY PULLS A LARGE GLASS OUT OF THE BOX AND HANDS IT TO STEPH.

JEREMY:
Pimms?

STEPH:
We’ll take it.