Time Gentlemen Please Page 3

Quote: David Chapman @ November 15 2008, 12:01 AM GMT

Any idea if there's any more available on DVD?

Not legally, no.

Quote: David Chapman @ November 15 2008, 12:01 AM GMT

Just watching it on Sky 2 and I put it on a par with IT Crowd and Father Ted.

Hmm. I really don't like comparing shows, but I won't disagree. They're at least in the same 'realm', as it were.

Quote: Jack Massey @ November 15 2008, 12:09 AM GMT

On par with IT Crowd and Father Ted, tell me Dave, what drugs have you been taking this evening. But agreed it was pretty good. A little too OTT perhaps, but have watched the series recently and had some superb moments and some bad ones. For example, I really didn't like the Phil Daniels' character, far too slobbish for my liking. But some great moments, such as when the Guv goes into his wardrobe and we see he's got about twenty of them red blazers. I really liked Lesley and Leslie, absolutely brilliant when the Guv has to give them free crisps, 'Free Crisps, Free Crisps' Does your tigger want a sling.

And Uncle Barry's hair!

They're the sort of thing I can laugh out loud to everytime even when I know exactly what's coming. Must be my age!

A mouf's a mouf, David.

I'm implying I've got a massive cock!

Buckaaaaaaaaaak!

"I'm cheeky me!"

.. "Crosby! that's coming out of your wages"
... "I was never confused, although, It's been a year! Whistling nnocently "

He was captain of the football team, we all looked up to him!

I've forgotten my shorts!

The complete series (all 37 episodes) is out on DVD today. A real must for any Al Murray (and probably bean-faced Richard Herring) fan.

See Amazon product listing
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/-/26/55/-/8263064/Al-Murray-Time-Gentleman-Please-Complete-Series/Product.html]
[h=917395]

Was this any good at all? I never saw it, not being a Sky-head.

Well I thought it was fantastic. If you're a fan of the Guv, then I imagine you'll enjoy it. If you're not, then you won't.

Didn't do anything for me on the occasions I saw it.

I'd have really enjoyed it if it wasn't for the Phil Daniels character.

Was it Phil Daniels playing Phil Daniels?

What's wrong with Terry?

I never saw it either.