Time Gentlemen Please Page 2

Quote: Leevil @ July 20, 2007, 11:09 PM

What else has Emma been in? The name sounds familiar, unless I'm thinking of someone else?

Most recently, Hotel Babylon. Also Mel's sister in The Worst Week of My Life. Google Image for "lads" mag shoots.

Quote: David Chapman @ July 21, 2007, 12:12 AM

Is Aaron's girlfriend looking in again?

Probably not.

That's the only reason I can think of for him to come straight out of the blue and slag off Beyonce.

She pisses me off, with her everything-but-body-shape ugliness.

I bet she found his life sized stained poster.

Transference. *shakes head in pity*

Also one of the Sawalha sisters played the Aussie girl in tonights episode. (First series?)

Is it Julia or Nadia?

Yes, first series, and it was Julia. Alas, I can not find a picture of her from the show. Booo. :(

I was never confused.

Emma Pierson FTW!

Just look, LOOK!

http://www.emmapierson.com/graphix/images/loadedpic.png

:D

You knows it!

I never really got into TGP even though it was written by Richard Herring one of my favourite comedians, it just seemed a little too over-the-top if you get me.

Quote: Aaron @ July 21, 2007, 7:52 AM

She pisses me off, with her everything-but-body-shape ugliness.

I was never confused.

I'll let you off Aaron. I thought you meant that she looked rough.

The only thing I didn't like about TGP was that it went on for about 6 months. Is it on DVD?

Quote: David Chapman @ July 21, 2007, 12:26 PM

I'll let you off Aaron. I thought you meant that she looked rough.

Well...

Quote: David Chapman @ July 21, 2007, 12:26 PM

The only thing I didn't like about TGP was that it went on for about 6 months. Is it on DVD?

24 episodes in the first series, so yes, about 6 months! The first six can be purchased on DVD. (One of those really badly mismanaged releases so sales will be low and they'll reckon there's no interest in the rest.)

Thanks Aaron.

That can go on my list of Catterick, Coupling, Do Not Adjust Your Set, Victoria Wood As Seen on TV that I'll probably never get around to buying.

Just as well really because if I was watching DVD's all the time I wouldn't have time to write.

Quote: Aaron @ July 21, 2007, 7:52 AM

Lovey Lovey Lovey Lovey Lovey Lovey Lovey Lovey Lovey Lovey Lovey

24 episodes, how did they make that many?

Is Aaron's girlfriend looking in again? That's the only reason I can think of for him to come straight out of the blue and slag off Beyonce. I bet she found his life sized stained poster.

Also one of the Sawalha sisters played the Aussie girl in tonights episode. (First series?)

Is it Julia or Nadia?

Julia

Quote: hotzappa11 @ July 21, 2007, 4:37 PM

24 episodes, how did they make that many?

Well that was just series one. Then there was the Christmas special, and another 12, I think, in series two. 37 in all, if I recall correctly.

Anyone watch Al Murray tonight?

Appears Uncle Barry has just died.

Yeah, I spotted that. According to Wikipedia, he died back on the 24th though.

*cue dripping hair*

Any idea if there's any more available on DVD?

Just watching it on Sky 2 and I put it on a par with IT Crowd and Father Ted.

On par with IT Crowd and Father Ted, tell me Dave, what drugs have you been taking this evening. But agreed it was pretty good. A little too OTT perhaps, but have watched the series recently and had some superb moments and some bad ones. For example, I really didn't like the Phil Daniels' character, far too slobbish for my liking. But some great moments, such as when the Guv goes into his wardrobe and we see he's got about twenty of them red blazers. I really liked Lesley and Leslie, absolutely brilliant when the Guv has to give them free crisps, 'Free Crisps, Free Crisps' Does your tigger want a sling.