Adam Buxton's BUG

Just watched the first episode. Absolutely brilliant. I'm so glad this finally made it to TV.

Yes, really liked it.

Brilliant. :D

Looking forward to tonight's show.

If you dident like last weeks, my CONDOLENC

Teehee.

Want to watch. :(

I wish I had Sky Atlantic. I hope they make a DVD or something so I can see it.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 16 2012, 4:52 PM BST

Want to watch. :(

It is available.

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 16 2012, 6:25 PM BST

It is available.

I availed myself to it this evening. Whilst I found it thoroughly enjoyable, it felt like it was needlessly padded out. The set ups by Buskers seemed interminably long and smacked of 'Britain's Wackiest Video Accidents' in tone. Not sure why there is a live audience or why it's filmed in a studio either.

I'll stick with it though as bits of it did make me laugh out loud and I'm a big Adam and Joe fan.

He's been doing it with an audience for ages, so I suppose he didn't want to radically change it just because it was going on TV.

Just crying at the OK Go "your pants are spicy" comment and Adam's video of what that user looked like as they were typing. Lovely silliness.

So, watched episode 2 and realised that the format is all wrong. The introduction to the You Tube clips is far too convoluted and time consuming.

The Sushi song wasn't one of Adam's best lyrical compositions and the whole live audience and massive build up to someone reading comments off of You Tube is so preposterously overblown, that the final result is always going to be an anti-climax.

The first half of the show only had one 30 second clip. That's a lot of introduction for a whole lot of nothing.

Shame as this could have been a brilliantly quirky little show.

It's a little slow in places, but it still has plenty of good laughs.

I do think 30 mins with break is too short but that's only cause I love it. Would be lovely to see more video clips but Adam's comedy would play an even greater "second fiddle" to the talent (or lack of talent) of the artists and directors. Ironically I think there would then be complaints that it wasn't funny enough.

I've read about BUG shows before but I don't think Adam has ever brought them down this way (Southampton). When I saw his host slot on Never Mind The Buzzcocks a year or 2 ago it reminded me how silly and hilarious I found him. I thought HE MUST BE ALIEN OR SUTIN.

I was so pleased to see this BUG show had this element of him reading insane YouTube comments. I wouldn't hunt these music videos out myself so it's fascinating to me.

Quote: KeithyT @ July 20 2012, 10:12 AM BST

I was so pleased to see this BUG show had this element of him reading insane YouTube comments. I wouldn't hunt these music videos out myself so it's fascinating to me.

I know where you are coming from KeithyT, I'm not criticising Adam's comedy stylings and I'm pleased to see him back on the telly in any capacity, but I can't blindly ignore the obvious flaws in the show because I think he is great.