Alan Partridge: Welcome To The Places Of My Life Page 4

'Flying Aids!'

Have to agree that this was overly long and lacked decent minor characters for Alan to bounce off of.

My favourite bit was the 'dramatic historical recreation' of the night time parking charges in Norwich City Centre and the Nazi saluting bronze dogs.

It still made me laugh out loud and lines like 'Of course I can do it, it's only menial work!' were pure gold.

I thought it was slightly watered down. But still quite funny. Nevertheless, I added the transcript to my site, Alan Partridge Quotes if anybody is interested: http://www.alanpartridgequotes.com/welcome-to-the-places-of-my-life/

Quote: KevD @ July 4 2012, 1:28 PM BST

I thought it was slightly watered down. But still quite funny. Nevertheless, I added the transcript to my site, Alan Partridge Quotes if anybody is interested: http://www.alanpartridgequotes.com/welcome-to-the-places-of-my-life/

Thanks for that KevD, really made me chuckle. Forgot about this brilliant quote:

'Alan: These people may all look like retired pirates, but in actual fact, they're former Lord Mayors of Norwich. Now, despite the Norfolk black-lack, we're a pretty progressive bunch around here. Take our current Lord Mayor
for example. It may surprise you to learn that he is a woman. We've always believed in giving women a fair crack at the whip. Not literally. That would be a dominatrix, which we also have in Norwich. They are currently three of them. Yeah, about three.'

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 4 2012, 2:09 PM BST

' That would be a dominatrix, which we also have in Norwich. They are currently three of them. Yeah, about three.'

Hehe! Yeah, reminded me of the Watership Alan Episode in I'm Alan Partridge, where he is going on about the Saniflo 33. 'Peace of mind I'm sure, especially if you have elderly relatives on board'

DVD now available to pre-order.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 4 2012, 2:09 PM BST

Thanks for that KevD, really made me chuckle. Forgot about this brilliant quote:

'Alan: These people may all look like retired pirates, but in actual fact, they're former Lord Mayors of Norwich. Now, despite the Norfolk black-lack, we're a pretty progressive bunch around here. Take our current Lord Mayor
for example. It may surprise you to learn that he is a woman. We've always believed in giving women a fair crack at the whip. Not literally. That would be a dominatrix, which we also have in Norwich. They are currently three of them. Yeah, about three.'

Laughing out loud

Quote: Aaron @ January 13 2013, 12:34 PM GMT

DVD now available to pre-order.

Looking forward to getting this on DVD!! I don't have Sky Atlantic so it will be good to see it for the first time!!

Huh....so are they releasing Mid Morning Matters and Open Books/Places of My Life separately then?

Boooooo. Obviously I'll buy both cos...you know...Partridge.
Just a shame they're splitting it up like that though.

Why would they release them together? They were separate programmes.

Quote: Aaron @ February 19 2013, 1:00 PM GMT

Why would they release them together? They were separate programmes.

But they are together in the DVD on 1 disc. ?

Yes. Releasing two individual specials separately from the series Mid Morning Matters.

Quote: Aaron @ February 20 2013, 3:26 PM GMT

Yes. Releasing two individual specials separately from the series Mid Morning Matters.

Oh I see , well so they should do. They were totally separate shows.

Really enjoyed this. I thought it was excellent to hear Alan's opinions on his beloved town.