Dead Boss

Looking forward to this. Horgan has a good track record writing sitcoms, what with Pulling and the cafe one on Channel 5.

Angelo's.

I'm very interested to see what the feedback is from viewers. Ratings will be heartbreakingly low because it's on BBC Three.

Terrible time, too. Although it is repeated tomorrow at a more reasonable time.

And BBC3 is up to it's old trick of whanging out episodes two at a time, which I hate.

Oh are they? That is annoying.
At least it's not all over one week though.

Quote: zooo @ June 14 2012, 1:09 PM BST

Oh are they? That is annoying.
At least it's not all over one week though.

It still makes you wonder why they bothered making half hour episodes if they were just going to show them back to back in hour blocks.

I like waiting a week between shows.

Me too.

It's only the first two episodes that are doubled up.

Quote: Aaron @ June 14 2012, 1:19 PM BST

It's only the first two episodes that are doubled up.

What's the logic behind that? Does doubling up the first episode lead to a viewing figure bump?

I think it's two-fold: firstly that it (theoretically) draws people in to the show more deeply more quickly; secondly, having seen the first episode (but not yet found time to watch the second), it is very slow and laden with set-up and character establishment, so presumably ep 2 gets more into the flow of the programme. I hope.

Quote: Aaron @ June 14 2012, 1:38 PM BST

I think it's two-fold: firstly that it (theoretically) draws people in to the show more deeply more quickly; secondly, having seen the first episode (but not yet found time to watch the second), it is very slow and laden with set-up and character establishment, so presumably ep 2 gets more into the flow of the programme. I hope.

Wouldn't an hour long episode make more sense-then you wouldn't notice so much the character establishment or set-up?

One would have thought so - but then that gives the scheduler less flexibility.

Missed the first episode, but thought the second episode was funny and very likable. Looking forward to seeing more.

They do double episode premieres so viewers that thought the first episode was a bit iffy are more likely to stay and give the second episode straight after than they are with a week's gap.

Pretty solid start I thought.

And the bit where the lawyer was handing out flyers was filmed near where I live!

Quote: Aaron @ June 14 2012, 1:38 PM BST

It seems a curiously British thing to do. I'm not sure America does anything similar, and their TV is far more cuthroat than ours.