Dead Boss Page 3

Not very funny, is it?
I think BBC makes up the tweets it is sent about this alleged 'sit-com'.

I'm kind of enjoying this. The Sharon Horgan character is great - some very funny lines - and I love the character "Mary" (don't remember ever seeing the actress before, but she looks like a female Charles Hawtrey).

The overly-convoluted plot and tons of extraneous characters aren't reeling me in though.

I do prefer the scenes in the prison to the ones outside. But mainly because I don't really understand what's going on at the moment. Plus the more interesting characters are obviously inside.

Wait, so the bloke who looked a bit like Carl Barat, ACTUALLY WAS CARL BARAT.
Mental.
Loved this week's, absolutely brilliant. And great cameo from Caroline Quentin. Who knew she had so many talents?

For me, it's all pretty 'meh', apart from cellmate Christine*. I'd fast-forward over all the other bits just to watch her.

* Bryony Hannah

Before I watch the rest of this, can someone tell me if there is singing throughout the episode?

Not continually, but there are two pieces at the end I believe.

Okay, will try not to lose my temper. Cheers WN

The bits in prison are kind of okay, but the bits on the outside are all plot and OTT mugging with no actual gags.

I am happy for them to keep mysteries from us and I am enjoying it, I also don't mind not really laughing, I just like the story.

I'm glad it hasn't done what a few female written shows with large female casts tend to do and just made woman jokes all the time. I respect it for that.

Do we even know if this has been recommissioned so we can find out what the titting f**k is going on?

Laughing out loud

Don't think we know yet, no!

There'd better be another series though.

When I noticed that this was episode six I just presumed it was an 8 or 12 episode series.

I can't believe they are leaving it like that, that isn't even a cliffhanger, that is just dropping the story half way through.

Quote: Jamey @ July 13 2012, 8:08 PM BST

I can't believe they are leaving it like that, that isn't even a cliffhanger, that is just dropping the story half way through.

Agreed. It was a terrible ending for a so-so series. You'd think Horgan would have learnt from all her other cancelled series to wrap things up properly before the commissioner's axe falls.