Sending Sitcom to BBC Writersroom Page 12

NanoWrimo: writing 50,000 words of a novel in a month.

Basically a speedwriting exercise, 30 script pages in a day :D

Sitcom submitted... going to check to see if they have read it yet :D

Quote: gbus @ 12th May 2014, 8:38 PM BST

Sitcom submitted... going to check to see if they have read it yet :D

Your sig pic/avatar is very fitting. Are you feeling at all norshus yet? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Woa-oFy_Y

Oh yeah, and congrats on submitting something. Good luck!

Hi All

Is this new submitting process any quicker than the old one, only they seem to be taking a long while sending my rejection letter/Email/phone call.
Maybe I forgot to put my contact number

I think I read somewhere writers will hear about 2-3 months after each genre window deadline.

ok thanks for that, do you think this new system will make it any better for aspiring writers, or is it just easier for the beeb to administer .

In theory, it should be better. The winner days should be more specific to the genre you're writing for, so comedy writers would get more comedy-specific talks and meetings rather than discussing drama series and spending half an hour sat with a Casualty producer etc. The new system should make the experience more tailored and helpful, as opposed to the old catch-all system.

Quote: Feeoree @ 11th May 2014, 7:27 PM BST

NanoWrimo: writing 50,000 words of a novel in a month.

I wrote 10,000 words in a week at one point.

Wouldn't recommend it.

Was that at school for being naughty? :P

What crime would have that kind of punishment, Steve?

As in a lot of things in life, it depends which school you went to, old chap!

I think I've gone past my sitcom submitting phase. The market's too saturated, and the judges (whoever they are) don't look for the things I would want when choosing to watch a sitcom.

Quote: Mattytheswan @ 14th February 2014, 9:05 PM GMT

I just got a very polite "No thank you" from writers room. Apparently I got passed the first 10 pages stage along with 15% of the other 2900 submissions and someone else read the rest of it...but t my script will "go no further and receive no further feedback"? . Not sure what to make of it as I thought my first 10 was the weakest part so surprised it got put trough to the next stage. was wondering whether this is just a blanket e-mail sent to all ? Did anyone else submit in December and got the same e-mail ??

Hi Matty. You should be very pleased with yourself to get past the first 10pg mark. I sent a Comedy Radio Play script in, back in May 2014 and as yet I have heard absolutely nothing. I'm still in the dark as to any feedback and/or rejection email.

Do you/anyone know what happens if scripts don't reach that 15% mark? Do those who didn't do as good as you also receive a "Polite No" email?

I've gone through the T&C but they're as cryptic as the "Countdown Conundrums".
Or have I really just created the next Hitchhikers Guide? Shall I quite my job now? lol

Regards
Mike

I think you should have heard by now. If you tweet them they are good at replying, but give them a few days as it's the weekend.

They do send an email to all writers, whether or not they got past the 10 page sift. So, as Bonzo said, give them a nudge.