Just A Minute (TV 2012) Page 3

Quote: zooo @ March 28 2012, 3:17 PM BST

Didn't notice any of that! Are you sure?

Yes, watch the others when someone has the subject, they all seem to be jotting stuff down and when Stephen Fry was talking he was just staring down, like I said, practically reading it all off his notepad.

Ooooh, naughty.
That surely shouldn't be allowed!

Quickly watching it back on the iPlayer it's not quite as blatant as I remembered it but Paul Merton and Stephen Fry definitely write something down on occasions, usually after the topic is announced but before the first person starts talking.

Aren't they just writing down the topic? Though any prospect of cheating would be avoided if they all leaned forward a bit more.

People jot down notes on pretty much all quiz shows. Have you never noticed?! :)

My 0.02p, fwiw (nothing):

Although I think that Stephen Fry is a great and funny comic actor, I don't think adlibbing is his forte. His attempts during the early series of "Whose Line Is It Anyway" were strained.. and I did so want him to shine at it. He seems to fumble somewhat without an autocue, script or prompt cards.

I think Sue Perkins is excellent.. and I'm looking forward to Brandreth. I'd like to have seen Boris Johnson, Brian Blessed and Peter Crouch (yes, really) in the line-ups somewhere.. but hey, I'm enjoying it.

I thought Fry was quite good at it, he often goes off on long monologues about random things anyway. But he did get a bit stuck sometimes.

Quote: zooo @ March 28 2012, 8:00 PM BST

..he often goes off on long monologues about random things..

??

Sigh. Knew replying to you would be a mistake.
I think he does that a lot on QI, so he's had lots of practice for a show like this.

But QI is all scripted/autocue stuff.. and then edited..

I just don't think he shines at adlibbing..

..and I don't get the "mistake in replying" bit..

??

Anyway..

Has anyone managed to get episode 3 working on iPlayer?

Quote: Nil Putters @ March 28 2012, 9:52 PM BST

Has anyone managed to get episode 3 working on iPlayer?

No, I couldn't get it to play either. I pressed the 'report issue' button so hopefully others have and they'll sort it tomorrow.

I have too. Hope so.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ March 28 2012, 8:44 PM BST

..and I don't get the "mistake in replying" bit..

Really ?

Errr

It's growing on me, but the old fart in me thinks it is still better on radio as it is clearly a more relaxed atmosphere for audience and panel, not having the time constraints of a TV studio.