Just A Minute (TV 2012)

The guests for the TV version of the series have been revealed. Nicholas Parsons will host all ten episodes and Paul Merton will be on the panel for every episode as well.

Ep 1 - Graham Norton, Sue Perkins, Phill Jupitus.
Ep 2 - Julian Clary, Stephen Fry, Russell Tovey.
Ep 3 - Sue Perkins, Marcus Brigstocke, Ruth Jones.
Ep 4 - Liza Tarbuck, Gyles Brandreth, Miles Jupp.
Ep 5 - Josie Lawrence, John Sergeant, Jason Manford.
Ep 6 - Graham Norton, Sue Perkins, Tony Hawks.
Ep 7 - Shappi Khorsandi, Hugh Bonneville, Jason Manford.
Ep 8 - Sue Perkins, Marcus Brigstocke, Stephen Mangan.
Ep 9 - Liza Tarbuck, Gyles Brandreth, Tony Hawks.
Ep 10 - Julian Clary, Stephen Fry, Shappi Khorsandi.

Yay! Can't wait.

This looks good, glad they've got regulars on the show.

It's interesting to note that the series was commissioned as a "daytime" programme. Whilst 6pm is still, I believe, officially within the daytime programming block, its rather late scheduling suggests that the BBC have faith the series will be successful and are trying to get it in front of as wide an audience as possible. After 2 previous adaptations of limited sucess, could it be third time lucky...?

Don't know if it will make any difference, but I think it is on straight after Pointless (a fairly amusing BBC quiz show with quite a high viewing rate), so a lot of people might switch straight over to it. Hopefully.

Hmm

Can't see it working on TV myself.

Even when characters like Kenneth Williams did it it just didn't really work.

Don't see the point TBH.

It will mean that Nicholas Parsons won't have to describe the visual jokes that often seem to be happening - the audience are often laughing at things the listeners can't see! Paul Merton can do a lot with a look, and there was a bit recently where Kit Hesketh-Harvey had to talk about going to the hairdressers, which was funny to everyone there because they could see he was bald, but I had to Google him to see what he looked like...

It's also proven to work, as this series comes off the back of the show's very popular segment during 24 Hour Panel People.

Quote: Harridan @ March 16 2012, 6:40 PM GMT

It will mean that Nicholas Parsons won't have to describe the visual jokes that often seem to be happening - the audience are often laughing at things the listeners can't see! Paul Merton can do a lot with a look,

But doesn't appear in that list of guests, which is a shame.

Edit to add: but as Harridan points out, is on every week. Note to self: next time read front matter.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ March 16 2012, 1:39 PM GMT

Paul Merton will be on the panel for every episode as well.

Won't be watching ep 7

Quote: lofthouse @ March 17 2012, 12:11 PM GMT

Won't be watching ep 7

Haha, that's what I thought too. Ep 2 and 7 look a bit dodgy to me.

It's a shame that none of the episodes have my favourite current line-up (Paul Merton, Graham Norton, Gyles Brandreth, Sue Perkins) all on the same show, but Phill Jupitus will be good in the first episode, too. Also, Sheila Hancock and Rick Wakeman are both great personalities on the radio version but neither are appearing here.

On a mostly unrelated note, I'm going to one of those "Evening With..." type of shows by Nicholas Parsons next month and I can't wait.

Well, as you haven't played the game as much as everyone else, we'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Gyles Brandreth should be on every show

Absolute lunatic

And very very funny

Quote: lofthouse @ March 18 2012, 12:09 PM GMT

Gyles Brandreth should be on every show

Absolute lunatic

And very very funny

I absolutely can't stand Gyles Brandreth. If he was on every episode I would avoid the series completely. I do like it when Paul Merton calls him out for stealing other people's jokes, though.