Pramface - Series 1 Page 3

I thought I'd hate this but it's actually pretty good. The writing's slick and there are good jokes. It slightly annoys me too though, and the weird thing is I haven't pinpointed why yet. I need to watch another episode.

But all in all I was really impressed.

Enjoyed the third episode. It's still not picked up in quite the way I hoped it might, but it's been pretty funny and is telling an interesting story.

Still shocking figures all round though. Very disappointing.

Claire Skinner should have played the girl's mother. I see quite a resemblance.

Quote: Aaron @ March 9 2012, 6:36 PM GMT

Still shocking figures all round though. Very disappointing.

Do you mean ratings? Have you got any info?

I really enjoyed the third episode. It's got plenty of funny bits but at the same time is very plot driven and has a lot of heart, which you don't get much of nowadays in sitcoms.

Yes, ratings. They're in the guide. (Click through below...)

Quote: Aaron @ March 10 2012, 1:42 AM GMT

Yes, ratings. They're in the guide. (Click through below...)

I don't think they are dreadful numbers, it's very hard to tell when there are so many repeats. I wouldn't be surprised if the Sunday or Tuesday repeats got higher numbers than the original Thursday showing as they are straight after two of BBC Three's most popular shows.

Plus, it's doing very well on iPlayer.

BBC Three's figures are pretty shocking all-round. It's been declining steadily for some time now.

Taking another Britcom as an example, the first series of White Van Man averaged 750k. A year later and it's dropped to 440. More than 300,000 viewers gone in less than 12 months is quite breathtaking for a channel like Three.

There's only one show currently on that still gets ratings particularly like what the channel should be expecting to achieve: EastEnders. Family Guy also does relatively quite well, but again is down on what it was.

White Van Man's numbers aren't good (just as I'm really getting into it too) but the first series was shown after EastEnders in a 10:30pm slot which is a better slot IMO as you have more viewers watching the show before to capture and there is very little else on at that time compared to the 9pm hour which is the most watched hour of the day.

You don't have any of the repeat figures for Pramface or White Van Man?

Not easily to hand, but those I've seen weren't higher than the premieres.

Quote: Aaron @ March 10 2012, 2:15 AM GMT

Not easily to hand, but those I've seen weren't higher than the premieres.

The Beeb will be looking at overall reach, not just any one showing. And that includes the show's performance on iPlayer, and it seems to be doing pretty well there.

Yes, they will. But that doesn't magically rectify such awfully low numbers. And they are awfully low.

To me BBC Three just feels like a ghetto nowadays, catering to a very narrow niche. I rarely bother with it. And it seems ages since they had a breakout hit that reached out beyond their core demographic, a core demographic that doesn't even seem to be interested in watching them that much.

Stuck with this and pleased I did. Ep03 won me over in a way I didn't expect. Looking forward to next week's. :)

Starting to really like the character Mike. Not always funny but has provided a good few chuckles and the odd laugh out loud.

Quite liking this now. Not brilliant but it's good. Fun. Glad it has a second series.

Yes me too. I was quite sad to realise there's only one more episode! Will be interesting to see where on earth they go with it once the baby arrives.