Comedy Titanics? Page 2

No.

15 storeys high technically had low rating but is too great to be clled titanic.

Worried where you were going just then Daniel. 15 Storeys High was amzing. Sean Lock is a comic genius.

what was the one with jasper carrot and the kid in the wheelchair?

Ooh, good call Johnny. That had low ratings AND for good reason

Quote: johnny roulette @ July 6, 2007, 5:49 PM

what was the one with jasper carrot and the kid in the wheelchair?

All About Me. The worst most pretentious pile of so-called comedy crap ever shown on TV.

All about me... I used to like that, although I was about 14 at the time and I used to be friends with the guy who played 'Leo'. So I'm not biased at all. Whistling nnocently

Hahaha, immense! (Have to admit, although I wasn't a fan, and found it really pretty odd if I'm honest, I didn't think that it was that bad.)

[quote name="Aaron" post="32756" date="July 6, 2007, 12:17 AM"]Don't think RE was a comedy Titanic in the slightest, was it? Viewing figures, ok, not amazing, but respectable as far as I remember. Didn't get moved around, and I think (?) it may have a second series coming...?

Ratings aren't everything. Millions use to tune in to watch the old BBC1 sitcoms. Doesn't make them all good, some maybe.

They were just trying to be "right-on". Look we've got someone in a wheelchair! Aren't we brave and cutting edge! It was just OK - nothing at all special!

all about me...i remember just staring at the screen in astonishment as the madness just continued to unfold before my eyes.

'All About Me' survived three whole series believe it or not! The fact it clocked up 18 episodes on BBC1 is probably too many to allow it to be classed as a titanic but, that said, I'd have to agree with the sentiments about how bad it was. In fact it's in my personal 'top three worst sitcoms of the decade' list.

Quote: Mark @ July 7, 2007, 12:13 AM

'All About Me' survived three whole series believe it or not! The fact it clocked up 18 episodes on BBC1 is probably too many to allow it to be classed as a titanic but, that said, I'd have to agree with the sentiments about how bad it was. In fact it's in my personal 'top three worst sitcoms of the decade' list.

I thought for a minute I was the only one.

Quote: nicholas keegan @ July 6, 2007, 11:32 PM

Ratings aren't everything. Millions use to tune in to watch the old BBC1 sitcoms. Doesn't make them all good, some maybe.

Very true. I guess we need chipolata to redefine what a "comedy Titanic" actually is. Personal opinion? Critical aclaim? Public reception? Mixture of all three? Or maybe something else entirely.

I think that we can all agree about According To Bex though.

Probably something more like Green Green Grass.

With pedigree of writers and lead characters it should have been brilliant but was really a let down. Tame humour, predictable gags and cliched characters.