Holy Flying Circus Page 4

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ October 24 2011, 1:05 PM BST

Oh the 'smoked glass' ones? Iirc they were held in some kind of esteem as the tea mugs of the inteligensia or liberal classes or whatever. I remember always seeing them in school staff rooms, or the teacher would actually come into the classroom with one, presumably just to flaunt that he/she thought they were intellectual, trendy and liberal. There was a lot of that going on in the 70s!

Ha!
My mum's friend had them in the '80s and I wanted to be like her when I grew up.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 24 2011, 1:19 PM BST

The last thing it lacked was confidence.

Well I disagree.

Taking comedy seriously as an artform takes confidence.

They didn't manage that.

Quote: sootyj @ October 24 2011, 7:29 PM BST

Well I disagree.

Taking comedy seriously as an artform takes confidence.

They didn't manage that.

Not agreeing with the tone and direction the writer decided on is not the same as the writer having a lack of confidence though, that's all.

I watched this last night. Really, really excellent. Enjoyed it lots.

Kudos to everyone, especially that guy who was impersonating Matt Berry all the way through :)

Dan

Oh and yes - kudos to the Comedy guide for picking one of the unfavourable quotes here for the newsletter and ignoring all the positive ones.

Apart from "Curb your Enthusiasm" this was the first thing that's made me laugh in ages. Loved the Michael Palin/Terry Jones running joke. Even the music was funny.

Quote: Skeadugenga @ October 25 2011, 9:59 AM BST

Oh and yes - kudos to the Comedy guide for picking one of the unfavourable quotes here for the newsletter and ignoring all the positive ones.

We like to open members to as widespread ridicule as possible when they're so fundamentally wrong. ;)

Hang on the first time you ever quote me is to make me look a jackass in your opinion?

Just you wait till I'm famous.

You *are* famous!

Dan

Are your "ares" waving pom poms at me?

Yes. There is no need for yours to swear back.

Dan

Good point Aaron.