Comedy Coming Up Page 2

Yes. And it stars the bestest comedy lady ever: Emma Kennedy.
As the quite lesbiany one.
She should have her own show really, she doesn't get enough lines in that one.

Yeah Emma Kennedy is really good, she also kind of friendly mocked Suburban Shootout on Richard Herring's That Was Then This Is Now radio 2 show. :)

I know I'm one of only a few people that want to know this, but what about a new series of Two Pints? I thought there was supposed to be on about now?

Quote: earman2009 @ June 30, 2007, 3:41 PM

I know I'm one of only a few people that want to know this, but what about a new series of Two Pints? I thought there was supposed to be on about now?

Yeah, don't be fooled by the current trailers saying Two Pints is back on BBC3 - they're just (yet more) repeats.

The seventh season was due to be broadcast this year however, from what I understand, its got delayed because, amongst other things, the production team have found themselves busy on a second season of Grownups instead.

There are rumours that its now going to be filmed this November with the broadcast set for early 2008 but that's not official. We can almost definitely say it'll be on in 2008 though (and based on BBC3's love of Two Pints repeats... shown again in 2009,2010,2011,2012... etc).

Come now Mark, don't be bitter! ;)

Thanks for the info. It is true that if I miss any episode the first time round, I'll only need to wait a few weeks and it'll be on again. You'd think they'd have no other shows. Why can't they repeat Might Boosh instead. Speaking of Boosh, any word on the third series? They were on Soccer AM not too long ago talking about writing it. Wonder if they're filming it yet?

They're filming in July, and it'll be on TV in Autumn. Then they're starting the next Boosh project (whatever that is) straight after.

Brilliant! Maybe the next project is a second live show. The first was fantastic! Maybe they'll do a film? That would probably be weird.

I'm a bit sick of TV comedians doing films.
Although I suppose it would be okay if it was a made for TV one.

They should write a novel though. With artwork done by Noel.

There's been talk of them doing a show that has a mixture of music and stand up and sketches and god knows what. Like the Muppet Show.
That would be ace.

Quote: zooo @ June 30, 2007, 11:19 PM

I'm a bit sick of TV comedians doing films.

It can work though. Simon Pegg did a pretty decent job moving from writing sitcoms to writing movies.

I love Shaun and Hot Fuzz, and I love the League film.

It's just a pet peeve of mine.
It's all very well for all my favourite sitcom people to go off and make films - they get to have fun in seclusion for a year or two writing and filming, and we miss out on all the great TV shows they could have been making us.

Selfish but true.

Stick to TV you bastards.

Quote: earman2009 @ June 30, 2007, 10:43 PM

Thanks for the info. It is true that if I miss any episode the first time round, I'll only need to wait a few weeks and it'll be on again. You'd think they'd have no other shows. Why can't they repeat Might Boosh instead.

Yes - I'm not a major Boosh fan but I'd definitely welcome giving other comedies some airtime too. Anyway I mustn't be bitter!

Interestingly the BBC iPlayer goes live at the end of next month so if you do miss a comedy there will no longer be a need to wait for a repeat - you'll be able to download it. More info

iPlayer. <3

Archive. <3

I've just spotted Sean Lock's TV Heaven, Telly Hell is back for a new season this summer too. Bit of an un-even debut series last year but it did broadcast some very funny clips.

This new series will feature Alan Carr, Jack Dee, Jimmy Carr, Lee Mack, Omid Djalili and Ronni Ancona apparently.

I liked that show. You can put Sean Lock in anything and I'd watch it.