News Knight with Sir Trevor McDonald Page 2

I thought that it was good too. Decent script and deffo a BBC feel to it. I was surprised when the ads break came on.

I liked it aswell. There were some blatant HIGNFY rips but apart from that it was funny especially the bit about Bernard Manning and Saudi's do the funniest things.

Nothing special!

It was alright wasn't it... not nearly as bad as I was expecting. Probably because some of their material was brave and the comics helping out were given a prominent role (their content was somewhat obviously scripted though)

But I still can't help but feel having a more charismatic and natural comic host would make it a good program rather than just an ok one.

And what's with the grainy YouTube vids they were showing? Really low picture quality.

Anyway I won't be dodging it next week after all.

Question is, should I use my tickets to the recording? I'm leaning towards "yes" so far...

I switched it on and then heard Sir Trevor's droll voice and turned straight off.

I'll give it another go if it repeats, I wasn't in the mood tonight.

Quote: Leevil @ June 25, 2007, 1:18 AM

I'll give it another go if it repeats, I wasn't in the mood tonight.

FYI - it's repeated this Thursday at 11pm.

Cheers boss.

Quote: ajp29 @ June 24, 2007, 10:36 PM

I liked it aswell. There were some blatant HIGNFY rips but apart from that it was funny especially the bit about Bernard Manning and Saudi's do the funniest things.

The similarites between HIGNFY and News Knight are nothing surpising, seeing as how both shows are made by Hat Trick.

I think it had its ups and downs. It did have some sort of strong satrical value, but on the other hand it seemed to use too many video clips for my liking.

Ha, wasn't that bad.

I watched it expecting it to be quite bad... it wasn't bad but it's no "have I got news for you" or "8 out of 10 cats"... I'd watch it again though

I watched it and i can safely say, I laughed alot. It was better than i expected. I thought Reginal D Hunter was great.

"all this pitchin and singing, us black folk got over that a couple of hundred years ago." lol

I think Sir Trev should do 'Shoesnight', where he goes around London's overpriced boutiques searching for interesting shoes. Catch is, he does this at night, so has to break in and analyse the shoes before the police arrive.

I think someone's bored. Laughing out loud

I actually found News Knight quite dull!

Maybe I've just come to expect John Barrowman giving a northerner a head lock between his thighs in every new panel show...