News Knight with Sir Trevor McDonald Page 3

I like John Barrowman hes great.

He's the handsomest man in the known universe is what he is. He looks like a little action man come to life.

Well I meant his personality and humour but I have to admit hes a handsome man.

He was really funny on Buzzcocks.

Especially when singing "High on a hill...."

'Talk to the hand because the wrist is pissed' was one of my favorite lines.

Quote: Jessie @ June 25, 2007, 9:30 PM

Especially when singing "High on a hill...."

Standing on a hill with a great big dildo...

People *sigh*

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2007/06/26/5467/complaints_over_manning_joke

Well I have to admit I both laughed and was a bit surprised (although I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say shocked) by that bit. Perhaps not in the best taste, but I think the ITV guy is probably right, and it would have amused the man himself. If one can't laugh, then what can one do? We all need to be a bit more open and liberal.

I like to think that Trevor wrote that line himself. :)

Quote: Aaron @ June 26, 2007, 12:28 PM

We all need to be a bit more open and liberal.

Who are you and what have you done with the real Aaron?

*shifty eyes*

Quote: zooo @ June 25, 2007, 9:26 PM

He's the handsomest man in the known universe is what he is. He looks like a little action man come to life.

:D What a lovely description.

Anyway News Knight - yeah, it was all right. Sir Trev was a bit wooden in his delivery but I like Marcus Brigstocke so was a happy girl.

No Frankie Boyle though. Really every panel show needs him.

The "controversial" joke was satire. The sooner people realise that it wasn't serious the better.

Yeah but it was serious that was the joke methinks. Bernard Manning use to be racist and he held those views, McDoghnut was being hateful and holds those views. Anyways I don't care what people say in jokes as long as I think that they do not believe in what they are saying i.e. its just a joke. The Manning thing was hurtful but it was just against one person so its fine (no rich, poweful or famous people should be off limits for comedians). If the 'victim' was a group then I would be offended by it. In other words I agree with you Walker :)