News Knight with Sir Trevor McDonald

This thread is the place to pass judgement on News Knight after it has aired on Sunday evening.

Was it funny? My prediction: painfully bad. In fact it looks like it might be worse than Ben Elton's Get A Grip. That takes skill! I may be wrong of course.

Also to be answered: Should I use my tickets to next week's recording?

Ah, that bucket of comic charisma that is Sir Trevor McDonald.. . Who in the hells idea was this show????

Someone at ITV, probably.

"So... Hat Trick. We want you to make us our own HIGNFY."
"Erm, ok. Any ideas who you might want to prese-"
"Sir Trevor McDonald. We think that he'd be a great comedy panel host."
"... Riiight."

Bong!

He once sat behind me in a restaurant. TRUFAX!

Actually, I think that when he did guest host HIGNFY that he did a really good job. The problem though that I can foresee, is that that worked due to the novelty factor. I think that he's pushing his luck a little to try to stretch his comedy skills further.

Hes blank, emotionless, dull, flat, I could go on. Hes all right for the news, but I dont know why anyone else would want to employ him to present something; get someone with genuine charisma, I mean I doubt the fact hes presenting is actually a selling point for anyone really.

I saw a trailer for this and it doesn't look good. Also why is Marcus Brigstock always working with people who aren't funny? First the weakest link woman now Trevor McDonald, he should fire his agent.

Maybe Channel 4 should do their own version of HIGNFY. John Snow and Krishnan Guru-Murphy are super-charismatic.

Quote: ajp29 @ June 23, 2007, 12:25 PM

Also why is Marcus Brigstock always working with people who aren't funny?

Maybe to make HIM look funny.

Quote: ajp29 @ June 23, 2007, 12:25 PM

Why is Marcus Brigstock always working with people who aren't funny?

I do find Anne Robinson quite funny though.... Oh wait, that's her face.

Laughing out loud

Just aboutto give it a go!

Well, I have to say, I actually rather enjoyed that. A few dud moments, but on the whole I thought it was rather good. Perhaps a bit off-the-wall for some though...