Only Fools and Horses - (Christmas) Specials Page 2

The specials of Only Fools contain some of the most fondly remembered moments from the entire series. The Jolly Boys' Outing with the coach explosion and the Batman and Robin scenes from the 1996 trilogy to name a few.

The Christmas editions of the programme are the ones I tend to watch most, even in the middle of summer - with the exception of A Royal Flush perhaps.

The whole lot would be well worth treating yourself to.

1981 - Christmas Crackers - very cosy episode, on Series 1 DVD.
1982 - Diamonds Are For Heather - good, on Series 2 DVD.
1983 - Thicker Than Water - the only episode where we see Reg Trotter, Series 3 DVD.
1985 - To Hull And Back - definitely in my top 3 epsiodes of the show.
1986 - A Royal Flush - worst episode IMO.
1987 - The Frog's Legacy - great episode with cameo from Joan Sims.
1988 - Dates - one of my faves and the introduction of Raquel.
1989 - The Jolly Boys Outing - probably the best episode of the show.
1990 - Rodney Come Home - decent episode.
1991 - Miami Twice - double episode, love it.
1992 - Mother Nature's Son - good episode, bit daft.
1993 - Fatal Extraction - good episode.
1996 - Heroes And Villians, Modern men, Time On Our Hands - all very good; this is where the series should have stopped.
2001, 2002, 2003 - avoid these, very poor.

Quote: comical masterpiece @ August 21 2011, 12:27 PM BST

1987 - The Frog's Legacy - great episode with cameo from Joan Sims.
1989 - The Jolly Boys Outing - probably the best episode of the show.

Part of the plot of Rock and Chips is also about the Jolly Boys' Outing. And of course all of Rock and Chips refers to the Frog, who doesn't seem to be mentioned as often as you might imagine (ok, people might be protecting Rodney, but even so...)

Love them all apart from the second part of Miami Twice.

If it had a laughter track and you watch the uncut version of A Royal Flush is a good show.

The upper echelon of OFAH Christmas specials IMO are:

Thicker Than Water, To Hull and Back, A Royal Flush (controversial, but my favourite episode), Dates and The Jolly Boys' Outing.

I love many of the specials and Dates and Jolly Boys Outing are probably my two favourites.

A Royal Flush is weak (John Sullivan couldn't go to the recording I believe and didn't like it himself), the second part of Miami Twice I don't like and the last three specials are patchy but not as bad as some say.

Just watching Heroes and Villains andnoticed a joke before it's time.

Whoever thought that when Rodney recieved a bracelet with Rooney engraved that years later there would be a footballer named Rooney, adding to the joke.

Quote: David Carmon @ December 25 2011, 1:32 PM GMT

Whoever thought that when Rodney recieved a bracelet with Rooney engraved that years later there would be a footballer named Rooney, adding to the joke.

Perhaps his real name is Wayne Rodney but someone gave him a copper-plate bracelet?!

I believe I think this should be a great comeback and maybe a couple of series maybe and even re-live OFAH with Del Boy and Rodney and Raquel and Cassandra, to see what baby Joan has grown up and Damien too. I think John Sullivan's son Jim should consider this and maybe bring it back for a series or two? In memory of his father John Sullivan's live on for ever as it would be fantastic, and a tribute for Mike, Uncle Albert and Grandad.

Quote: Tim Azure @ 5th November 2013, 9:42 AM GMT

What about the Omen tune starting up every time we saw Damien?

That didn't even make much sense. It was made clear: "Ok, Rodney is now thinking Damien is the antichrist". But it wasn't very plausible...and after a while not funny.

In my opinion, all of the episodes of OFAH are brilliant, whilst some are better than others, they are all very watchable and funny. The best special IMO has to be The Jolly Boys' Outing from 1989.

They are all brilliant but my favourite special is Rodney Come Home. Just fantastic and great to watch.

Any news of this year's OFAH Christmas Special?

I hear that Mike the barman features heavily! Yay!!

Can't wait!!!

:)

To Hull and Back and Jolly Boys outing were my faves.