Should I get Father Ted? Page 6

Quote: Aaron @ November 20 2012, 6:04 PM GMT

Dad's Army
(Whatever Happened To) The Likely Lads
Father Ted
Red Dwarf

In that order.

You seem very clued up on your comedy Aaron, so I shall take your advice, Dad's Army it is.

I can't wait.

Quote: whatkindoffoolami @ November 20 2012, 9:20 PM GMT

You seem very clued up on your comedy Aaron, so I shall take your advice, Dad's Army it is.

I can't wait.

What does Aaron know?

Incidentally just watching "Night of the nearly dead" in which Mrs Doyle gets to meet a Daniel O'Donovan type singer. Brilliant Living Dead parody.

Quote: Chappers @ November 20 2012, 10:43 PM GMT

What does Aaron know?

Incidentally just watching "Night of the nearly dead" in which Mrs Doyle gets to meet a Daniel O'Donovan type singer. Brilliant Living Dead parody.

"Eoin McLove has a happy face"

Watch a random episode on E4, embrace it into your heart and mind then go and by every series. Don't come back until you do

Cool Cool Cool

Quote: AlexH @ November 27 2012, 1:53 PM GMT

Watch a random episode on E4, embrace it into your heart and mind then go and by every series. Don't come back until you do

Cool Cool Cool

Correct

The phrase 'Comedy Classic' is spewed out almost at random nowadays.
FT is a comedy classic.

I got the Father Ted box set on Thursday. I've just finished watching it, gotta say it's fantstic (and that's just on a first viewing). I thought the third series was the best.

I didn't watch the Christmas episode, I'm saving that for something to watch around Christmas.

The Christmas episode is probably the weakest one. It has some great moments, but it would have been way better if it had only been a normal length episode and they cut out all the weak stuff.

Quote: Chappers @ November 20 2012, 10:43 PM GMT

What does Aaron know?

Thought that was the weakest epiosde. It hit its peak in Series 2. I'm glad it ended when it did but not the way it did.

I always liked 'The Passion of St Tibulus' episode as it is so true to life for a surreal sitcom. An unknows obscene film becoming a huge hit just because the church protests about it!

I could never choose a gretaes or favourite comedy, but I think if I had to choose just one comedy DVD box set to last me for the rest of my life, it would be FT.

'The Old Grey Whistle Theft'. Father Damo. The godforsaken picnic area.

I was pleased and oddly proud when my sixteen year old son emerged from his bedroom and told me that he had been watching it on 4OD and we had a conversation about how great it all is. I knew that because he loved that show, he had grown up right. :)

Mind you, he listens to awful music. Deadmaus. I can't make him like Squeeze.

Go get it - Go on, go on, go on, go on

Quote: Pip Bond @ December 19 2012, 9:52 AM GMT

I could never choose a gretaes or favourite comedy, but I think if I had to choose just one comedy DVD box set to last me for the rest of my life, it would be FT.

Same :)