Should I get Father Ted? Page 2

It's not that bad a review!
Just says basically everyone loves it but the reviewer didn't think it was the best thing since sliced bread. Better than lying innit.

I'm jealous that you'll be watching it with fresh eyes. Definitely get it. I don't think there's many pop cultural references to make it look dated as the island where it's set is pretty much the land where time forgot.

Quote: zooo @ August 8 2011, 10:08 PM BST

It's not that bad a review! Just says basically everyone loves it but the reviewer didn't think it was the best thing since sliced bread. Better than lying innit.

Who did write it, zooo?

I'm not sure!

Quote: zooo @ August 8 2011, 10:08 PM BST

It's not that bad a review!
Just says basically everyone loves it but the reviewer didn't think it was the best thing since sliced bread. Better than lying innit.

It's a truly awful review.

"Father Ted is not without its fair share of bits that really don't work, other scenes that are wonderful, and - sadly - even the odd entire episode that just seems to drag."

Ridiculous.

To the OP, you must get it, it's the best British sitcom ever made, imho etc :)

Every review can only be the reviewer's opinion. They stated that it's one of the most popular shows ever.

Quote: zooo @ August 8 2011, 10:24 PM BST

I'm not sure!

I bet it was Mark. *Shakes fist Mark-wards*

Surely a 'truly awful review' would have been something like: it's shit, don't go anywhere near it, I've never watched such toss.

Quote: zooo @ August 8 2011, 10:28 PM BST

Every review can only be the reviewer's opinion. They stated that it's one of the most popular shows ever.

I grudgingly accept your point.

Quote: zooo @ August 8 2011, 10:28 PM BST

It's mealy-mouthed. I want their resignation by sun-up. ;)

Quote: zooo @ August 8 2011, 10:29 PM BST

Surely a 'truly awful review' would have been something like: it's shit, don't go anywhere near it, I've never watched such toss.

You big brown noser!!

Quote: zooo @ August 8 2011, 10:29 PM BST

I didn't say the reviewer gave it a 'truly awful review', I said it was a 'truly awful review', there's quite a difference.

Of course you should feckin get it. ;)

Get Father Ted?

OOOh, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on,go on,go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on.

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ August 8 2011, 10:32 PM BST

I didn't say the reviewer gave it a 'truly awful review', I said it was a 'truly awful review', there's quite a difference.

No I know. I didn't mean it like that, but I could have written a better example of what I meant.